Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Tooie

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 19, 2000

Bear and bird again combine their efforts to thwart Gruntilda's dastardly plans (as well as her two hag sisters and their minions) in this classic platformer for the Nintendo 64.

I finally beat Banjo-tooie!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By big_jon

I have had the game on the N-64 for years and played it oh so many times, I how ever never got around to beating it as the factory world was always the point that I lost my momentum. The same went for the original Banjo Kazooie having owned them both for years but never completing them.

When Banjo-Kazooie N&B came out it was about a month before I could afford it, luckily a friend had an extra Banjo-Kazooie XBLA code for we so I could delve into that before I got into the latest sequel. I was instantly reminded how much I loved the first two and in about a week I had finally beaten it for the first time in my life, later moving on to Banjo-Kazooie N&B and loving that game too. I was now phyced for Banjo-tooie to finally be released, what I forgot was that it was a huge game. After 60 jiggies and 20 hours I was on my way to finally having beat every game in the series.

Then my save got corrupted, I was truly depressed, it looked as if I may never actually beat the second Banjo game ever. Until I was visiting my mother and decided to give it another try. After about 6 months of on and off playing and twelve hours of playtime I have finally beaten it!

I must say though, I remembered liking the second game more, however I now feel the the original was a better game overall, less complicated, and more focused. These are still two of the best 3D platforms ever made.

I hope for another sequel one day, not on Kinect.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

I have had the game on the N-64 for years and played it oh so many times, I how ever never got around to beating it as the factory world was always the point that I lost my momentum. The same went for the original Banjo Kazooie having owned them both for years but never completing them.

When Banjo-Kazooie N&B came out it was about a month before I could afford it, luckily a friend had an extra Banjo-Kazooie XBLA code for we so I could delve into that before I got into the latest sequel. I was instantly reminded how much I loved the first two and in about a week I had finally beaten it for the first time in my life, later moving on to Banjo-Kazooie N&B and loving that game too. I was now phyced for Banjo-tooie to finally be released, what I forgot was that it was a huge game. After 60 jiggies and 20 hours I was on my way to finally having beat every game in the series.

Then my save got corrupted, I was truly depressed, it looked as if I may never actually beat the second Banjo game ever. Until I was visiting my mother and decided to give it another try. After about 6 months of on and off playing and twelve hours of playtime I have finally beaten it!

I must say though, I remembered liking the second game more, however I now feel the the original was a better game overall, less complicated, and more focused. These are still two of the best 3D platforms ever made.

I hope for another sequel one day, not on Kinect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.