In game political ads?

#1 Posted by s10129107 (1193 posts) -

Is this a smart approach to an untapped voting block or a waste of money and resources?

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I'm kind of disappointed considering I've already payed money for the game ya know? It is a good move though for Obama I think.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14424 posts) -

Personally I'm against political advertising the way it is done in the states. It gives a huge edge to whoever has more money. Politics shouldn't be about who has the most money, but who has the best idea's for how the country is on. But I don't see how what they're doing in games is any different to in real life.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I don't find these in-game ads to have much of a point. I don't think many people look at the billboards while driving around in Burnout Paradise...or maybe that's just me.

#5 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

Ads in games are interesting. It depends on how they're done. Some games can have really annoying, shameful advertising (see SWAT 4). I think the best way to deal with in-game advertising is to use it to create more realistic environments. When you see brand names or products that you would see in real life, you might find it easier to immerse yourself into the games' world.

#6 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

I did not know this.
Heh. Hehehehe.
Hahahaahahahahahaha

#7 Posted by Aska (429 posts) -

I was so surprised when I saw that, I thought it was both cool that video games are being used as a legitimate form of advertising, but kinda annoying at the same time.

#8 Posted by aarontex (13 posts) -

In game adds are no good. We HAVE already payed for it. We should not haft to see adds.

#9 Posted by 400_babies (41 posts) -

That'd be like wierd but we already have seen action movies like right here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8fXaJmDbsY
any way lol this is a joke topic right?

#10 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Yeah, I just found this out today.  It doesn't really bother me.  As long as it's not slowing down my game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.