Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Barack Obama

Character » appears in 28 games

The 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Obama appears in a surprising number of games, usually in a cameo or peripheral fashion.

Let's help Dan get President Obama on tomorrows UPF

• 117 results
    Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@freedo said:

This is very dumb. A very dumb thing. That I signed. Because I am dumb.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By DeathTrap

It saddens me that we are less than a thousand people from hitting the goal. Not that it would have happened - I think it incredibly unlikely that the President would have canceled whatever plans he had to show up on a video game website's stream.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@deathtrap: I think you're misreading that. We're more than 99000 people from hitting the goal.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By bceagles128

Dan, I can deal with, because he is completely divorced from the reality of adult life, but I am EXTREMELY disheartened that there were over 900 people on this here planet that thought there was any remote chance in hell that Barack Obama would show up to an event called "Unprofessional Fridays" on a website called "Giant Bomb."

The fact that most of these people (American citizens >18) have an equal voting share to those of that have literally any concept of reality is extremely upsetting and pretty much underlines x1000 the problem with democracy.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128: You should get more mad about it

I would if I had any faith in the political and/or education systems that this country operates on to begin with. I will not so gfy.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dan, I can deal with, because he is completely divorced from the reality of adult life, but I am EXTREMELY disheartened that there were over 900 people on this here planet that thought there was any remote chance in hell that Barack Obama would show up to an event called "Unprofessional Fridays" on a website called "Giant Bomb."

The fact that most of these people (American citizens >18) have an equal voting share to those of that have literally any concept of reality is extremely upsetting and pretty much underlines x1000 the problem with democracy.

As it turns out, some Americans dont keep a stick up their ass.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@bceagles128: Or: it was a fun, silly thing that people thought could bring a couple more moments of lightheartedness to their lives. But no, I'm sure you're correct that it's all due to the unflappable idiocy of your fellow public. If only those people could see how wrong they are in their having a different perspective from you.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Ahahahahaha, this guy.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DookieRope
    Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bceagles128: Want a drink? Or do you feel like alcohol is a destructive force that only causes harm? I should be ashamed to offer you a drink , making the assumption that you can't have a good time without alcohol.

Lighten up. It was clearly a joke

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bceagles128: What makes you think those who signed it (Myself included) thought it would actually happen? Sometimes it's just fun to partake in the silliness of life. (Also, America is a republic, not a democracy.)

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: You're right, I misread that. I'm not sure if I feel better or not...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spunkyhepanda said:

@bceagles128 said:

Ahahahahaha, this guy.

ikr

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is probably the first time in eight years. I've read a comments section about President Obama that did not devolved into racist, vulgar, and misinformed diatribes. Way to go Giant Bomb community. Maybe there is hope for humanity.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks obama (for showing up on UPF!)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bceagles128: You should lighten up. Being cynical about silly things like this is a dark road to go down. You're reading too much into something that doesn't actually characterize the state of our society. People joke around and do silly things like this so they don't go fucking crazy from the actual awful things surrounding us. That's my input, as a fellow human being who cares.

violet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By violet_

you must be fun at parties

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spunkyhepanda said:

@bceagles128 said:

Ahahahahaha, this guy.

ikr

I think the fact that someone took this so seriously if even funnier than the petition itself.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya'll realize Giant Bomb doesn't even get 100,000 viewers regularly. Most of their videos have ~30,000 views or so these days (if that). So, I'm not sure they even have 100,000 fans to sign this haha.

But I'm all for it, regardless. That would be amazing and totally something I think Obama would do (now his staff letting him do it is another story).

Anyway, yes, I signed it. Technically the petition has until march so tell your friends! It may not happen tomorrow, but it could happen in March. You never know.

I think it's safe to assume Giantbomb get's the majority of it's video traffic from it's actual site, not Youtube(which is where I assume you are getting your numbers from). I am not aware of them surfacing their views from the actual site, but back in 2011 when under WhiskeyMedia the data was a little more available. Unfortunately it's tricky to find finer details, but here is a lookback at the whiskeymedia homepage which claims back then giantbomb got 1.7m video views a month, https://web.archive.org/web/20111211111422/http://www.whiskeymedia.com/#sites.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.