Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden is a humorous and parody filled turn-based RPG which takes place in "Neo-New York" after basketball has been outlawed in a Post-Cyberpocalypse world. The game was developed by Tales of Game's Studio and was released for free on the PC.

I just finished this gem of game!

Avatar image for captainantonius
    CaptainAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainAntonius

Hey guys

I heard about this game a week ago, (oddly enough through watching some old stuff that Mr. Davis did for Gamespot) and I am wondering if anyone else has played this hilarious and surprisingly well made game. It's basically a snes era jrpg, but it makes it a point to lampoon as well as pay homage to many aspects of the genre (as well as just being damn funny within the story and interactions with non player characters). High points for me were..... Finding out just what a "Chaos Dunk" is, The Final Boss, The weaboo save points that constantly deride your inferior taste in games because it assumes you only play Quake or Madden, and so much more. This game will literally make you laugh out loud, at least it did for me. Plus, the music is good! 

It's not a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, but for a freeware pc game made by like two dudes you literally cannot complain!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

oh man I totally forgot about that game, I should really finish it

Avatar image for captainantonius
    CaptainAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CaptainAntonius
    @Laketown:  Dude, you really should. It's a relatively short game, but it's so worth it. What made you stop playing?
    dozeworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dozeworthy

I've read that Chef Boyardee, the game's creator, is considering putting up a Kickstarter to fund a sequel.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Terramagi

The fact that this game used the Blue Dragon OST to better effect than Blue Dragon did amazes me.

Also, Space Jam is canon.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cmblasko

I started playing it back when it came out but never came close to finishing it. I would highly recommend anyone play it for the humor alone, everything in the game is very well done. I think it was originally meant to be a trilogy, so hopefully that/those guy(s) make more in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.