Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Bastion DLC new Who Knows Where

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dtat

OK I just played the new Who Knows Where. Am I alone in thinking this is unreasonably hard? With no Idols activated I have gotten up to the last couple of waves and died every time. This is having the unintended effect of making me dislike the battle system. In particular the targeting. I don't know. Maybe they want it to be super hard, but it's just extremely frustrating. I wish there were some way to lower the difficulty on this particular level.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By golguin

I played with all idols active and lost when I got poisoned. I had to turn off 4 idols when I lost on the final wave twice. It's not a bad start for only playing it 3 times. With the other Who Knows Where stages I gradually added more idols until I could do it with all of them.

The only real problems are the poison arrows and getting caught by that cactus thing that holds you in place.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

I had some trouble with it but that was mostly because I haven't played in such a long time and I had gone in without checking my weapons. So I made it to the last enemy on the last wave and was unable to kill the underground horn monster because both my weapons were not suited for it. I raged pretty hard at that.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dtat

@golguin said:

I played with all idols active and lost when I got poisoned. I had to turn off 4 idols when I lost on the final wave twice. It's not a bad start for only playing it 3 times. With the other Who Knows Where stages I gradually added more idols until I could do it with all of them.

The only real problems are the poison arrows and getting caught by that cactus thing that holds you in place.

Yeah it's not bad except for the poison dudes. I found those guys to be poorly implemented. There's no obvious way to counter them. Once you're poisoned, you're basically fucked.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By emem

It's way tougher than the other 3 were, but I don't think it's too hart. I got killed by a crazy strong melee dude when there were 4 or 5 waves left about 5 times in a row (with all idols turned on and I still had all my healing things and the extra life) and stopped, but I will definitely go back and beat it.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

I got to the final wave after 3 tries last night with all of the idols on. I could've been 5th on the leaderboard, but I ragequit after that one. I'm going to go try it again right now, though.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Darkstar614

Really hate bragging but oh well!

I beat it on the first try with all 10 idols, it's not that hard with the right setup. Being level 10 helps, get all the good spirits. Leechade a must. Mortar with damage immunity makes life a lot easier, you can hide behind the pillars and just lob shots all day. Second weapon is a toss up, I used fire bellows, but pike or hammer probably works fine. Use a mortar shot to break the Shard sphere(or whatever the hell it is) to get 5 health.

Good luck folks!

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@golguin said:

Poison guys are very tough. Try to get a pillar between you and them, then lob a mortar and use the pike for its extended reach. Everyone has their own play style and favorite weapon, but I don't know what I'd do without the mortar. For instance, if an enemy deflects a mortar round, the mortar bounces off and hurts the enemy regardless via splash damage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.