Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Bastion on Mac through Chrome: gamepad support?

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

I've started playing Bastion on my MacBook Pro and seems to run smoothly but doesn't recognize my 360 controller, plugged in via USB, with a driver (my Mac recognizes the controller).

Has anyone gotten Bastion to recognize their gamepads through Chrome Browser?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Bastion on Mac through Chrome? What the hell is going on on those macs

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas

I'd say thats probably not gunna work

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

@RainVillain: The Chrome version of Bastion doesn't support controllers yet, sorry!

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By RainVillain

@AhmadMetallic:

http://supergiantgames.com/?p=1231

Works like a dream on my MacBook.

@MB: Thanks for the reply! Hopefully they'll add controller support, though until then I'll just have to find a mouse to use (playing it on my trackpad sucks).

Has any of the PC gamers played Bastion with the keyboard/mouse controls? How do they compare to a gamepad? Am I severely crippling myself by not having the gamepad experience?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @RainVillain said:

Has any of the PC gamers played Bastion with the keyboard/mouse controls? How do they compare to a gamepad? Am I severely crippling myself by not having the gamepad experience?

I rarely prefer gamepad over M+KB but Bastion was just torture with them. It has become, to me, thee "gamepad game on PC." Walking along that borderless ground with WASD sucked!
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@RainVillain said:

Hopefully they'll add controller support, though until then I'll just have to find a mouse to use (playing it on my trackpad sucks).

Trackpad? You could, y'know, get a real computer.

/troll

Assuming that a 360 controller works at all on Mac, you could probably use a program like Gamepad Companion to just map your keyboard inputs to the controller.

elcalavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By elcalavera

@Ravenlight said:

@RainVillain said:

Hopefully they'll add controller support, though until then I'll just have to find a mouse to use (playing it on my trackpad sucks).

Trackpad? You could, y'know, get a real computer.

/troll

Assuming that a 360 controller works at all on Mac, you could probably use a program like Gamepad Companion to just map your keyboard inputs to the controller.

Like an iMac? That is a good idea.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Wuddel

@AhmadMetallic said:

@RainVillain said:

I rarely prefer gamepad over M+KB but Bastion was just torture with them. It has become, to me, thee "gamepad game on PC." Walking along that borderless ground with WASD sucked!

Same here. Gamepad support on the Mac is soso. "The Baconing" even supported some generic wired PS3 controller from Logitech. Windows with BootCamp still the best guess on the Mac so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.