GB representing on Bastion's leaderboard

#1 Posted by MajorMitch (519 posts) -

I noticed this while watching Gamespot's video review. When they cut to the leaderboard I saw a few familiar names at and near the top. GB represent!

#2 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

Nice. JusticeCovert too.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

Can't wait to play this. Going to DL it and play it when I get off work tomorrow.

#4 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

Nice. I am having a tough time deciding whether or not to wait for the PC release...

Moderator
#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

Nice. I am having a tough time deciding whether or not to wait for the PC release...

When is the PC version coming out?

#6 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

@Rufi91 said:

Nice. I am having a tough time deciding whether or not to wait for the PC release...

When is the PC version coming out?

Would like to know this also, my only way to play it!

#7 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

@JJOR64: @Sayishere: See I'm not sure, it has been mentioned once or twice, that's why it's a tough choice to make. :<

Moderator
#8 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

I didn't think this was out until tomorrow? I didn't see it on Live. :(

#9 Posted by Rapid (1367 posts) -

I really wish it was coming out on PSN, like pulling a "From Dust", but most likely thats not happening... 
REGARDLESS Looking forward to it on PC!

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

@JJOR64: @Sayishere: See I'm not sure, it has been mentioned once or twice, that's why it's a tough choice to make. :<

Was looking around and seen they just recently announced. Getting the Xbox version anyways.

#11 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

The list is a bit weird, comprised of only the reviewers friends, but brad was still rank 1!

Although jeff was 9 and vinny was 14. Keep in mind that only media has the game so far, they will be far down that list very shortly sadly =p

#12 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2387 posts) -

Ha, Brad wrecked Greg at his own game.

#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Where is Ryan?

#14 Posted by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

Nothing stopping Brad!

#15 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Ha, I love that Greg Kasavin is on there (kid zomb)

#16 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

@Redbullet685: At the time of the podcast, Ryan hadn't finished the game, so I imagine that when this screen was taken, he hadn't gone far enough/done well enough yet to get onto the leaderboard.

#17 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

I'm guessing Brad is only lackluster at games while recording.

#18 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

I just played the demo and checked the leaderboards. Seems like Brad will stay Bastion master for all eternity. %)

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6457 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin said:

I'm guessing Brad is only lackluster at games while recording.

Definitely. The guy's damn good.
#20 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

I can't believe I had to watch a exxon mobile ad to see the bastion review over there.

#21 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

He's still the only one up there with all 10 of the things turned on.  
 
I'm really loving the game so far, got that vibe to it that's sticking in me. Hope it's not too short. 

#22 Posted by onarum (2090 posts) -

Brad should have done it with a account named giantbomb.com, free advertisement.

#23 Posted by Sander (414 posts) -

So, how are the leaderboards shaking out? Brad still on top? If so, will he be so forever?

#24 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Sander said:

So, how are the leaderboards shaking out? Brad still on top? If so, will he be so forever?

Seems like he'll always be up there! I managed to snag myself #33 on the leaderboards!

#25 Posted by ZombiePie (5673 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Nice. JusticeCovert too.

JustinCovert has the most first place positions for achievements on Giant Bomb than any other user. And yes Justin does have a Giant Bomb account.

Moderator
#26 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

@ZombiePie said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Nice. JusticeCovert too.

JustinCovert has the most first place positions for achievements on Giant Bomb than any other user. And yes Justin does have a Giant Bomb account.

That is awesome!

Moderator
#27 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Brad's still #1 in everything except the story mode.

#28 Posted by Brad (3009 posts) -

NOT FOR LONG

Staff
#29 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -

How does the leaderboard work? I checked earlier and a bunch of people have now done what Brad has yet he still remains. Does that mean he is number 1 for life?

#30 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@mrcraggle said:

How does the leaderboard work? I checked earlier and a bunch of people have now done what Brad has yet he still remains. Does that mean he is number 1 for life?

Yeah, I think it's just in order of who finished it first. 
 
Pretty neat, really.
#31 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19345 posts) -
@iDarktread said:

@mrcraggle said:

How does the leaderboard work? I checked earlier and a bunch of people have now done what Brad has yet he still remains. Does that mean he is number 1 for life?

Yeah, I think it's just in order of who finished it first.  Pretty neat, really.
I think that's pretty dumb. A leaderboard should be based on skill, not a "first come, first served" mentality.
#32 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@Origina1Penguin said:

I'm guessing Brad is only lackluster at games while recording.

Definitely. The guy's damn good.

Brad is a true pro when he wants to be.

#33 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

So the leaderboard will be #1 is whoever got it first? Isn't that unfair since Brad got it before the game was even available?
#34 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@iDarktread said:

@mrcraggle said:

How does the leaderboard work? I checked earlier and a bunch of people have now done what Brad has yet he still remains. Does that mean he is number 1 for life?

Yeah, I think it's just in order of who finished it first.  Pretty neat, really.
I think that's pretty dumb. A leaderboard should be based on skill, not a "first come, first served" mentality.
Yeah, I meant it was neat that Giant Bomb should permanently be on the top of the leaderboards. There's even a giantbomb.com link on his profile! :D 
  
As a design choice, you're right, it's dumb.
#35 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

After I beat the game today I was sitting in the top 300 but I haven't played the new game plus mode due to company. Gnight duders, I am going to try and burn through it again tomorrow it was a great game. Don't forget to add me if you want Eight Bit Shik

#36 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -

@iDarktread said:

@FluxWaveZ said:
@iDarktread said:

@mrcraggle said:

How does the leaderboard work? I checked earlier and a bunch of people have now done what Brad has yet he still remains. Does that mean he is number 1 for life?

Yeah, I think it's just in order of who finished it first. Pretty neat, really.
I think that's pretty dumb. A leaderboard should be based on skill, not a "first come, first served" mentality.
Yeah, I meant it was neat that Giant Bomb should permanently be on the top of the leaderboards. There's even a giantbomb.com link on his profile! :D As a design choice, you're right, it's dumb.

Seems like a design oversight on their behalf. Maybe they should've implement some score or time system with weekly and monthly boards, ya know like all score boards :P

#37 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

Pulling a Brad just got a new meaning?

#38 Posted by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

F-ing Brad is still number one, WTF!? 

#39 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -
@metalsnakezero brad hasn't been number one for over 3o hours so it can't be who finished first
#40 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -
@EightBitShik
@metalsnakezero brad hasn't been number one for over 3o hours so it can't be who finished first
He is for the challenge rooms or was a couple hours ago.
#41 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

@laserbolts: ah, yeah Story mode is what I was referring to

#42 Posted by ajamafalous (12000 posts) -
@Brad said:

NOT FOR LONG

Finish the fight and take back the number one spot on story mode.
 
 
WE BELIEVE IN BRAD SHOEMAKER
#43 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Gordon or Shepard 

#44 Posted by Deathpooky (1402 posts) -

So basically the top of the challenge leaderboards are set in stone and have been since before most of us could even buy the game? That's kind of ridiculous.

#45 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

I never was able to figure out the leaderboards for this, when I beat it a second time my score went up slightly.

#46 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

thats about the only thing I dislike about leaderboards on games like these...the first person to get it keeps it there is nothing I can do in the game that will get me high on the leaderboard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.