Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Loads of errors

Braineater12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Braineater12

I believe there's something wrong with my copy of bastion. I bought it from the Humble Weekly Sale yesterday for less than a dollar, seeing how i was low on cash. Anyway, this is what happens.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

It's not really game breaking, but it kills of all possible immersion. What can I do to fix this?

The game also crashed once, after changing the VSynch option to on while ingame.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you google this? It was an issue on the steam release for a few people, I think you had to force the language options to make sure that it loaded the right language pack.

Braineater12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did google it but I didn't find anything, and I can't force language since I'm not using steam.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Some relevant questions:

• What OS are you running?
    • What video card do you have and do you have the latest drivers?
    • Do you have a controller plugged in?
    • Do you have the option of trying to run Bastion through Steam?
    Braineater12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Braineater12

I'm running 64 bit windows and I've got a GeForce GTX 560. I have been trying to use an xbox 360 controller, but it won't connect to the wireless receiver I've hooked up to my PC. I can't play using steam. I've tried setting a shortcut, but that didn't work.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@braineater12:

Just for funsies, try disconnecting all of your controller peripherals (receiver, too) and restarting your PC.

If that doesn't work, maybe try completely uninstalling Bastion and redownloading the installer again. Maybe there was something weird with how it was installed.

Braineater12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Braineater12

My bad, I found the solution after searching google for a couple of minutes (I was apparently searching with the wrong keywords).
    Anyway, the solution was adding -lang en to the target of the shortcut. All good now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.