Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

missing weapons?

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

is it possible for me to miss weapons during a standard run through of the game. im not a grate way through the game (im upto where your on a air boat going to restore a river) but i have materials for weapons i haven't found yet. are all the wepons cant miss them and there preparing me for things to come, or are some in side paths that ive missed and the game is laughing at me

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

I think I have a bunch of missing weapons.

Chronologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Chronologist

I had materials for weapons way before I found them, but I still found every weapon before I finished. Don't worry, they'll appear sooner or later. Some of them appear rather late in the story.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

As of right now i have materials for every weapon but im still missing 4 of them, i think thats normal though, ive heard multiple people say the same thing

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By adz117

When I finished the game, In the weapons cabinet in the armoury I still had 1 space left at the bottom, no idea if I missed one. I think I must have because I didn't get the achievement for applying an upgrade to all weapons. Hmm

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Bass

I don't remember any of the weapons being easy to miss. I'm pretty sure they were all on the beaten path. I did an experiment in my NG+ and walked past one of them without grabbing it on purpose and the game doesn't say anything about it. I was relatively thorough in my original save, though. Not only did I have every weapon, but I had the ability to fully upgrade all of them as well.

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adz117

@Bass: What was the last weapon in the bottom right of the cabinet, just out of curiosity?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@adz117: The Calamity cannon you get it in the ending portion of the game.
    InertiaticESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By InertiaticESP

You can't miss the weapons really. They always throw a hint at you. Like with the Anklegator, as you approach the spear the narrator says something like "Need a fitting weapon to take down the anklegator" or whatever. 

It also helps the the sequences you play right after acquiring a new weapons are DESIGNED for that weapon. For example, when you get the Mortar, it presents you with targets across pits that basically REQUIRE the use of the mortar.  

It holds true for some of the hidden abilities as well. Right when you get the grenade ability, notice the way the enemies are set up lends itself perfectly to a grenade throw? 

I'm pretty sure certain paths necessary to continue are only open up once you've grabbed the weapon. You really can't miss them...

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Dylabaloo

No you can't miss weapons, I tried to by pass the spear on my new game plus and the game wouldn't let me.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By laserbolts
    @Dylabaloo

No you can't miss weapons, I tried to by pass the spear on my new game plus and the game wouldn't let me.

You can miss weapons but the spear is an exception.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.