Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Multiplayer thoughts...

InertiaticESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InertiaticESP

The multiplayer in Bastion is great, the guns are awesome and it had a better-than-CoD prestige system. The multiplayer maps are slim pickings for the moment, but they'll undoubtably add more in the promised free-DLC. A lot of people are playing so it's easy to get a game. However, noobs are at a disadvantage, because an All-Critical Machete Build is basically unstoppable for a newer player. +40% crit chance, +200% crit chance, plus 50% faster attack speed, with spirits on top of that, you crit more often than you don't, and you dice everything. Combine it with whatever upgrades you want for the pistols (obviously straight shooting is a must) and you'll pwn every noob on the server. 

The good thing is the singleplayer campaign only lasts for 6 hours or so each play, so you can level your kid quickly and catch up with the powergamers who dominate the multiplayer rankings. 

My k/d ratio is 55:7 
     -
     -
     -
     -
     -
     -
    ___ 
    In all seriousness, do you think Co-op would be a possibility down the line, perhaps in a PC or PS3 release sometime in the future? I think it goes without saying that it would work, and you could have universal and player idols active (e.g. One player has the enemies do double damage to him, but the other player doesn't. However, all enemies regenerate health, as that's a universal idol). That way players at different levels could play together and each get a sufficient amount of experience for their level. 

Competitive multiplayer like the one I parodied above doesn't seem so feasible. It would sort of be a roll/shoot fest, though I imagine if they had spent the development time working on a competitive multiplayer game, it would have been pretty awesome (I'm glad they stuck to singleplayer though, obviously).

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By I_smell

I think design-wise it would KIND OF work, but this is a team of like 4 dudes, they can't opt in co-op.

Apart from the fact that the game's so clearly designed to be a by-yourself experience, they'd have to create all new rules for how the camera worked, how the narration worked, isolated story points, how enemies would attack and do path-finding; they'd have to go behind the scenes and just reconstruct the whole thing.

They're probably already pretty busy with re-tooling it to work on a PS3, if they're even doing that.

Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Immuniity

I dont see a reason why it would need co-op or multiplayer in general. It doesn't really enhance the experience.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

Greg said on the gamespot podcast that the game had at one point fully functional multiplayer coop, i cant remember the exact reason they took it out but i want to say it was to focus on the narrative.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phrali

sometimes i think i'm the only person that doesn't care about multiplayer at all.

have you ever been on xbox live? i don't want to play anything with those kids. not bastion, not kickball, not go fish, nothing. 

bastion is just fine with no MP. i don't need people spewing racial slurs and insults and threatening to get their dad to hack my account to like this game.

BerserkingGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BerserkingGuts

While I'd love to play Bastion co-op with my fiancee. I think, at least for the sake of narrative and tone, I prefer it being single-player only.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

coop is fine but please no multiplayer single player games need to stay single player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.