Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Question about a LATE GAME SPOILER (endgame spoiler)

Avatar image for chocolatecoffin
    ChocolateCoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ChocolateCoffin

Hey, so yeah. I was wondering about the choice to pick up Zulf or keep with the battering ram. I chose to pick him up, and was just wondering if that has any outcome on the end of the game? It didn't seem like you even see his body again after bringing him to the skyway. I was just curious, incase my game glitched somehow and I didn't actually get a "true ending" by dieing before reaching the skyway (though no enemies were attacking when the screen went white).

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

I picked him up in both my playthroughs. I imagine you would have to fight your way out if you didn't. If you chose the "evacuation" option at the end Zulf is in final piece of art depicting the ending.
    Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Xdsk

What GreyFox said, basically if you leave Zulf you have to fight your way out with the battering Ram.  

The screen goes white at the end regardless of whether you were being attacked or not so i would worry about that too much. 

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Samaritan

So I'm pretty sure my game bugged out cause I chose to pick up Zulf but was still attacked by most, not all, of the onlooking Ura. Reading forum topics is the first inclination I've had that they weren't supposed to attack me. I basically had to burn through all of my health tonics to make it to the Skyway without dying.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

@Progn0sticator: I also got attacked when I picked up Zulf, but I never had to use any potions. I would get indications that my health was depleting (like when the Werewhiskey would kick in) but I was fairly certain that the game wouldn't let me die in that instance, and it didn't

@ChocolateCoffin: Zulf is actually at the Bastion if you chose to pick him up. I think he's lying down just below and to the left of the monument. They also show him during the end credits for both endings.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Progn0sticator said:

So I'm pretty sure my game bugged out cause I chose to pick up Zulf but was still attacked by most, not all, of the onlooking Ura. Reading forum topics is the first inclination I've had that they weren't supposed to attack me. I basically had to burn through all of my health tonics to make it to the Skyway without dying.

I had that too, but I didn't die.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dany

@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

@Progn0sticator said:

I had that too, but I didn't die.

You won't die. They stop shooting at you after awhile and your health does 'appear' to go down but you can't die in that sequence.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Dany: That's what I figured. 

And man, what a great moment. And with that music? Damn. Gave me shivers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.