Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Save data corruption..

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
    deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yep, I played many hours of the game. Made a whole lot of progress, probably 2/3rd of the way in. Completed some of the more difficult challenges after an ungodly number of attempts on each one. Aaaaaaand then my save got corrupted and I lost everything. So that's it for Bastion, really can't see myself redoing all of that, especially since I have so many other games I wanna be playing. Fucking sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By agentboolen

Usually save data doesn't just get corrupted, do you own it on the Xbox 360?  If so did you do anything wrong to make it corrupt like hitting the power button when the game was trying to save?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep on 360 (is it even available on any other platform yet?). And no I did nothing wrong. I was just exiting the game and a screen came up saying ''your saved data is corrupted and can't be read.''

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By agentboolen

Strange, did you try loading up that save data after this message?  Maybe the message is wrong and the data isn't actually corrupted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no way to load it up, I just have an option for 'New Game'. So the game wasn't kidding about it!

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By agentboolen

O.k. I guess your save file is fried....  Yea that'll ruin your day for sure!

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quipido

That sucsk, but if you have more games to play at the moment, I suggest leave Bastion for now, enjoy those other games and come back to this jewel when you feel like it - no point in forcing yourself re-doing all what you did.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

That isn't fun. My suggestion is the same as @Quipido, move on to another game and come back to Bastion. Playing through game bitter about having to play it again wouldn't do the game justice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo, guess what! I randomly decided to load the game up today and out of nowhere the 'Continue' option was back on the menu! And it took me back to my saved game with no progress lost. Unbelievable!

Anyway, I'm back to repeatedly bang my head against that bloody dueling pistol challenge to try to get that freaking first prize......oh FUCK!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Vexxan

Lucky for you it came back 'cause Bastions's one game you dont want to miss out on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh, Im so glad I can finish it now.

I did just figure out that pistol challenge btw. For anyone else who might be stuck on that: use the Werewhiskey.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.