Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

So I just finished it (spoilers)

Scarz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Scarz09

And I realise I must be stupid because I seem to be the only one with this problem, but for some reason everything after Zulf messes up the bastion the whole story makes no sense to me and just went over my head completely. 

Can someone help me out here, thanks.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

The Caelondian's caused the Calamity to defeat the Uras. When Zulf found out, he got angry and tried to rally the Urans into destroying the Bastion. I guess they didn't know that it could undo the Calamity.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By buft
    @Scarz09:  after zulf curses the bastion and destroys the cores he flees and tells the Ura how the calamity happens, the kid sets out to get the shards to repair the bastion and during this time the Ura invade and Zia goes with them, the kid chases after the last shard and the Ura stop him and flee with it. he decides to rescue Zia and then goes after the shard, upon facing defeat the Ura turn on Zulf but the Kid rescues him( or the other) and returns to the Bastion to activate its systems. 

at this point you can return the world to its pre-calamity state or take to the skies and start afresh.
    daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daggon55

@natetodamax: I read that a little differently, from what I gathered the Caels had already defeated the Urans and had a sort of peace agreement, but were in secret working on the Calamity to wipe them out. Zulf is understanably enraged that they were trying to wipe out his home and people under a peaceful guise. I'll try to pay attetion on my new game+ and see if I'm getting that right.

mcwingstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mcwingstar

@daggon55 said:

@natetodamax: I read that a little differently, from what I gathered the Caels had already defeated the Urans and had a sort of peace agreement, but were in secret working on the Calamity to wipe them out. Zulf is understanably enraged that they were trying to wipe out his home and people under a peaceful guise. I'll try to pay attetion on my new game+ and see if I'm getting that right.

This seems correct.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By hungrynun
    @daggon55 said:

From what I remember Rucks tells Zia about the Calamity being a "last resort". And going through Zia's dream in who knows where, it seems like the whole plan of the Calamity was put into action because of Zia's failed escape with her "boyfriend". If you ask me the Mancers got spooked of the idea of an Uran trying to escape Caelondia and went about causing the Calamity on that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.