The endings of Bastion (Spoilers) and how it affects the sequel

#1 Edited by SPeedy26 (38 posts) -

I've got to say I love how Bastion ended itself and how it is in a unique position of releasing 2 games. Bastion: Restoration and Bastion: Evacuation.

Evacuation would be the game that would act as Bastion 2 following the continuing adventures of the Kid, Zia, Rucks, and Zulf as they continue searching for new life in their current Apocalyptic world

Restoration would be set in an alternate-like universe where then Kid restarted the world and it stopping the calamity. Allowing us take a closer look at Caelondia and it's people. I would see this game as kind of a RTSish like game with you in control of one hero or something, or maybe a multilayer focused game with the Caelondian's vs the Ura with a dota/ tower defense-like game play system where you control 1 person. and Rucks could say "All units (til the day I die mother fuckers)"

sry would detail this more but I'm pretty tired right now. tell me what ya think tho. I also know the New game plus makes Restoration Cannon but I like the idea of the world being split into 2 universes.

Edit: sry I meant Evacuation is Cannon (love that ending and the move on felling it gives) not Restoration. sry half sleep ^^

#2 Posted by Just_an_other_muffin (90 posts) -

I played the game to both endings and I'm pretty sure that they made the point of that if you restore the same events play out. So evacuation would ultimately be the ending for the sequel.

#3 Posted by JasonR86 (9650 posts) -

I hope they don't make a sequel.

#4 Edited by gike987 (1752 posts) -
#5 Posted by ajamafalous (11938 posts) -

I honestly don't see that team probably even wanting to make a sequel. 

Though I'm gonna say that, if it does happen and it is a direct sequel, it'll be evacuation.

#6 Posted by SPeedy26 (38 posts) -

@SPeedy26 said:

I've got to say I love how Bastion ended itself and how it is in a unique position of releasing 2 games. Bastion: Restoration and Bastion: Evacuation.

Evacuation would be the game that would act as Bastion 2 following the continuing adventures of the Kid, Zia, Rucks, and Zulf as they continue searching for new life in their current Apocalyptic world

Restoration would be set in an alternate-like universe where then Kid restarted the world and it stopping the calamity. Allowing us take a closer look at Caelondia and it's people. I would see this game as kind of a RTSish like game with you in control of one hero or something, or maybe a multilayer focused game with the Caelondian's vs the Ura with a dota/ tower defense-like game play system where you control 1 person. and Rucks could say "All units (til the day I die mother fuckers)"

sry would detail this more but I'm pretty tired right now. tell me what ya think tho. I also know the New game plus makes Restoration Cannon but I like the idea of the world being split into 2 universes.

dammit I meant to say it made Evacuation Cannon sry for the confusion their :P I'm just gonna go to sleep before I break something ^^

#7 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Restoration doesn't need a sequel. That's the beauty of it. In New Game+ the narrator has a few moments of deja vu, suggesting that despite their best efforts, the survivors forget the lessons they learned and are unable to stop the Calamity from repeating itself.

#8 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

Neither ending really did all that much, so New Game+ felt pointless in a lot of ways.

#9 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

Really? I loved how NG+ was tied into the story and I had a great time plaing through to see the other ending.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.