Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Those gosh darn frogboars! (Spoilers? Who knows?)

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Buscemi

I hate them so much I could die, oh wait, I do die all the fucking time. Especially on Mount Zand, JESUS! It's not so much the armor on the front, it's the constant jumping. And since you can't see them 70% of the time, on Mount Zand anyway, it's pretty damn hard, right? Oh, and it's pretty damn hard when you only have so much space to walk and jump around on. I'm going to try it out with the spear now... 

Thoughts? What's your most hated enemy in Bastion?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Oh is that in the forest area? Do you have the carbine yet?

What I did first time around is find an area that is clear of trees and leaves. On hte top right there is a camp fire area where it is clear of trees when they jump roll under then and hit them in the back with the spear or carbine.

Vyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Vyse

The tiny peckers and the big ones that try to rush through you are the worst. They are even worse with all 10 idols turned on so you slow down when hit and they turn invincible all the time.

With the frog guys, you just need to time your roll so they land where you just rolled from. If you have the armor piercing upgrade with any of your weapons, use those so you don't have to get behind them to do damage.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Vexxan

The frogs ain't so bad, not even close to the eyeballs. Man, I really hate those.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Buscemi
    @Vegsen: Oh, man, you're so right! 

Just finished it, and damn, I really liked this. Gave me a feeling a game hasn't given me for a long, long time.
    Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Piglet

The eye balls can really suck until you realize how they work-they're just like the ghosts in mario-if you look at them they close and stop moving, but as soon as you turn your back they open and come at you. So I'd just look at them til I was ready, run in the other direction and then turn and shoot them with any ranged weapon or the spear.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Buscemi
    @Piglet: Just what I did! It was weird how they could take tons of damage when they closed their eyes, but a single strike with the spear killed them when they were open! There you go!
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I use the pistols' special power to one-shot kill the frog things. As for the eyes, well, they don't move and my pistols have armor piercing = easy.

I fucking hate the giant windbags that throw goo everywhere. They're really the only enemy I have trouble with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.