What is your favorite weapon in the game?

#1 Posted by Redbullet685 (6052 posts) -
#2 Posted by Redbullet685 (6052 posts) -

Simple Question. 
Mine is the Army Carbine. Can be used up close, and from far away. Does a good bit of damage, also.

#3 Posted by SamFo (1535 posts) -

Musket

#4 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

dueling pistols
#5 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

The better question is what's your favorite faction?

Mine's between Slingers and Gravers.

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I really like the Scrap Musket, I don't know why.

Scrap Salvo is probably a big reason.

#7 Posted by The_Big_Rough (226 posts) -

War Machete was awesome

#8 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I'm all in for the War Machete. Love them quick attacks.

#9 Posted by bushpusherr (808 posts) -

Pike.  Incredible damage at a distance, can be equipped for knockback to keep them at that distance, and when playing with idols on, the negate armor ability to nullify Garmuth is amazing.

#10 Posted by Maginnovision (488 posts) -

level 5 pike with all the left side upgrades... stupid op.

#11 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Calamity Cannon!

#12 Posted by YI_Orange (1162 posts) -

Dueling Pistols

#13 Posted by Sicmeth0d (16 posts) -

Hammer
#14 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

The duelling pistols are awesome, lets you stay mobile while bringing the pain to your enemies

#15 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I really enjoyed the war machete.

Using that + something like the Army carbine is a great combo. Something for everything.

#16 Posted by lord_canti (1517 posts) -

im liking the bow didst at first but begin able to do continues damage to some one and pierce through 5 or more enemy's is pretty good

#17 Posted by Nate (705 posts) -

Musket!   
Most of the game I played with musket and hammer. Not the fastest weapon combo, but lots of evading made it work really well.

#18 Posted by halim51 (77 posts) -

I really really like the pike, I like the range you get with it.

#19 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Repeater with extra damage and ammo plus homing bolts, slaughters everything ever.

#20 Posted by CookieMonster (2423 posts) -

I enjoy prodding stuff with my pike.

#21 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

Scrap Musket + Fire Bellows turns you into a moving apocalypse.

#22 Posted by Zoombini (64 posts) -

I gotta throw my support in for the bellows. So many foes run at you in this game then turning yourself into a walking inferno is always good. Pistols or musket can take care of the rest.

#23 Posted by DoctorTran (1565 posts) -

So far I'm really digging the War Machete.

#24 Posted by HistoryInRust (6333 posts) -

Ended really loving the Fire Bellows. By the end I was taking too much heat while using melee weapons, so I ran a combination of the Fire Bellows + another, more powerful long range gun.

#25 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1263 posts) -

Army Carbine all the way! It's explosive shell at full upgrade level is ridiculously overpowered. I found that to be way more useful than armor piercing rounds.

My second weapon was the Fire Bellows. Anything armored or small swarms of enemies were toast with the bellows.

#26 Posted by BerserkingGuts (78 posts) -

I'm most comfortable with the pike and duel pistols.

#27 Posted by Quipido (640 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:

Ended really loving the Fire Bellows. By the end I was taking too much heat while using melee weapons, so I ran a combination of the Fire Bellows + another, more powerful long range gun.

I, somwhere half-way in the game, realised I could actually try two ranged weapons and ofter some experimenting and tweaking I settled on Bow+Pistols combo. Finished the game with those and then one more time with all Idols on, couldn't bring myself to more experimenting with other weapons (I will do that in a few months when I go for anotger go).
#28 Posted by Savior82 (29 posts) -

The weapons I used the most were the Cael Hammer and Scrap Musket. The Musket is my favorite. Fun gun to use. :)

#29 Edited by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

the bow just feels perfect, messed around with all of the weapons in my first play through, but the bow hits a real sweet spot with me, i tend to combine it with the scrap musket with knockback in case enemies get a bit too close its also good at taking out groups of small enemies, but the bow deals with 90% of the rest

#30 Posted by utamaru (96 posts) -

going 200% crit damage on Machete, + dots, +werewhiskey, and scrap musket. When I'm doing good I'm doing poorly, and when I'm doing bad I'm killing everything.

#31 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I like how close to a bell curve this poll is.

#32 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

Fire Bellows, definetly! It was the first weapon I got that ignored armor and together with that one tonic that restored your life as you dealt damage I was practically invinsible.

Everything must burn!!

#33 Posted by Andorski (5341 posts) -

Currently rolling with the Pike and Musket. The long reach of the Pike and the knockback from the Musket is great for spacing control.

#34 Posted by WindFall259 (367 posts) -

Come on, guys. Breaker's Bow. The stacked poison upgrades works wonders against the Micia idol (regenerating health), and the damage over time counts towards leechade.

#35 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

I was murdering fools with my bow left and right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.