This voice acting is great!

#1 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -

actually it's so crappy, i just started playing through this for the first time, I'm about 4 hours in, Gibari just joined the party. 
The combat system is really complicated, i still don't really know what things and numbers give more attack/ defense or whatever., it's pretty crazy! 
It looks really nice too, the backgrounds are really cool. 
But, the voice acting is some of the worst I've heard in a video game, maybe it would be better if they just kept the Japanese and had subtitles? 

But i think it's a pretty champy game, when i'm not hanging myself because they're voice annoy me so much.  

#2 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

yea voice acting is terrible. i think if you can get the numbers in some sort of order your attacks will be more effective. can't really remember but i'm pretty sure it is something like that

#3 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

The music more than makes up for it.  It has a wonderful score.  Most dubbed JRPG games are pretty bad, mainly due to some annoying American accents.  I wish PAL games would get English and European (non English) actors to do it.  If I have the option, I do use the Japanese voices quite a bit. 

THe thing that struck me about the voices is that they sound like they were in the can when they did it.  It has a very odd and tinny sound to it. 

Still, this and Origins (the follow up) are superb games and the battle system is quite easy once you get a handle on how it works.  I want my Wii sequel, although, if you dig Baten Kaitos, then play Eternal Sonata, you won't regret it.  A lot of similarities.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.