Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 05, 2003

An RPG that uses a card-based battle system. You play the role as Guardian Spirit to Kalas and must help him and his friends save the island kingdom in the clouds which they live upon.

What do I need to remember about Baten Kaitos?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

I bought Baten Kaitos for the gamecube back when it came out in 2004 alongside Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, and played it up until a certain point at which i got stuck. That damn ice palace was so confusing i got totally stuck at it. Now that i have finished Chrono Trigger i've decided to pop this one back in so that i can say i finished it, but i hardly remember anything about the game besides the fact that you use cards. What do I need to know to be successful at this game? Spoilers pretaining to the part of the game I have already played may be appreciated as well, since all i really remember is that Kalas went Aggro.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

honesly guys, i barely remember anything. how does the card system work?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

No clue, never had a cube. Bring on 3 on on Wii ^_^

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    Al3xand3r said:
    "No clue, never had a cube. Bring on 3 on on Wii ^_^"
    Ah man, so you never played Symphonia! Thats a shame dude.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

alright... god havent played it in a while but the numbers on the cards go from lowest to highest to make combos. um... honestly what would help the most is if you run to a older place and face some of those guys and get the hang of it like that. sorry i cant really help but its been to long >_>

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    shadows_kill said:
    "alright... god havent played it in a while but the numbers on the cards go from lowest to highest to make combos. um... honestly what would help the most is if you run to a older place and face some of those guys and get the hang of it like that. sorry i cant really help but its been to long >_> "
    Actually i think i figured out the biggest problem i was having. I thought that the system would automaticly choose the right number from the corner of the card, but im actually supposed to select the corner with the C-Stick.still, i have no recollection of what is a good deck ratio of attack-defense and such...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.