Batman AA on PS3 or Xbox 360?

#1 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -
#2 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

PS3 for the joker stuff I suppose......

#3 Posted by warxsnake (2635 posts) -

Apple II

#4 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -

I own both, and while some features on PS3 (faces especially) look sharper, I have heard that Batman's cape flows more realistically than the PS3's, which cape looks more static than the Xbox. Is it true?

#5 Posted by vinsanity09 (210 posts) -

I have it on 360, but I would say PS3 because you can play as the Joker in some challenge maps

#6 Edited by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

ps3 because of those challenges maps you get and the joker.

#7 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I've played on both and I didn't notice any difference on the cape. The 360 is slightly sharper then the PS3, and the 360 is a bit darker. It actually looks better on the PS3 because it's not so dark imo. I liked the feel of the PS3 controller for this game then the 360. Haven't touched the Joker stuff yet.

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Whatever controller feels better, and if you care about playing as Joker on a few challenge maps.

#9 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Whatever controller feels better, and if you care about playing as Joker on a few challenge maps. "
The man speaks sense.
#10 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
@Pinkshley1 said:
" I own both, and while some features on PS3 (faces especially) look sharper, I have heard that Batman's cape flows more realistically than the PS3's, which cape looks more static than the Xbox. Is it true? "
I really hope people don't make their decisions on the way a cape flows. :x

Seriously though, considering the differences in the X360 version and PS3 version (visual wise) are quite negligible, it comes down to either: achievements/trophies, X360 Controller/DS3, and whether or not you want the exclusive Joker content. I haven't played the PS3 version, but all the adverts showing the Joker gameplay make me really want to play it.
#11 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

I originally thought the PS3 version would be the way to go because of the "challenge rooms as the Joker" bonus.
 But after renting the 360 version for the sake of achievements being > than trophies, I realized how uninterested I was in the challenge rooms and how limited a bonus that really was.

Tho if you don't care about trophies or achievements and you are completely console neutral I guess why not get the added feature in the PS3 version?

#12 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

Don't own a PS3, and I'm sure the joker maps will be released as DLD later down the line and I think the graphics look superb on the 360 (havn't seen PS3 gameplay so I can't say for sure) so... The 360 version.

#13 Posted by Scheds (463 posts) -

I'm playing on PS3 right now and it's great. Although like CL60 said, I prefer the DualShock controller. While I can't vouch for the 360 version (I'm sure it's awesome too), I can definitely recommend it  on PS3.

#14 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -
@Agent47CSim2 said:
I think the graphics look superb on the 360 (havn't seen PS3 gameplay so I can't say for sure)
Graphics are superb on both.
Doesn't strike me as a decision maker/breaker for either.
#15 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

PS3 for Joker. That matters more to me then cape physics tbh :P

#16 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

Yeah it's a excellent game and if enough people buy this we may, hopefully, get some more great games by Rocksteady.

#17 Posted by Muffin_Hunter (176 posts) -
@Agent47CSim2 said:

" Yeah it's a excellent game and if enough people buy this we may, hopefully, get some more great games by Rocksteady. "

I don't think you need to worry about that. This game looks to be doing quite well commercially. I'd say Rocksteady has a deal for a sequel in the bag at this point.
#18 Posted by SUBL1ME (116 posts) -

PS3, you get 8 Joker challenge maps, about 30 minutes worth of bonus feature videos on the blu-ray, and the graphics look a bit nicer on PS3 than 360. I've played both versions and while not 100% certain I'd wager Rocksteady probably used PS3 as the lead platform in development its that smooth or they actually gave the full effort required to make both versions run at their best for each console.

And personally I find the controls a bit tighter on PS3, but that probably comes more from the fact I like the Dual Shock layout for games like that. Really this is the first PS3 multi-plat that I would absolutely recommend over the 360 version if you have both consoles.

Wish more developers would start doing that, its not the PS3 or its hardware that is at fault for PS3 always having the weaker of the two versions of games. That blame always falls solely on the developer and their choice of which platform to lead development on or how much effort they feel like putting into a game so it plays correctly on different hardware.

#19 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

PS3 just because that is what I got it on and I judge the amount of friends I have based off of video games that I have chosen to buy. And what favorite flavor milkshake they have. STRAWBERRY DAMMIT!

#20 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

Let's be honest here - The Joker will come to the 360 eventually as paid DLC, it's inevitable. Like Darth Vader. It really comes down to which controller you like more and whether you want the Joker content now or later. Moreso the control, however, since I don't think the Joker thing is that big a deal (And this is coming from an obsessive Joker fan.).

#21 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -
@Pinkshley1 said:
" I own both, and while some features on PS3 (faces especially) look sharper, I have heard that Batman's cape flows more realistically than the PS3's, which cape looks more static than the Xbox. Is it true? "
...because realistic cape flow is essential to the game experience, clearly.

You should stop worrying about such minor things. If there were any serious issues between the two versions you would have heard about it, but it sounds like its an awesome game however you play it. Assuming you have no problem with either console, free extra content is always good, so i'd go PS3. Sure the Joker stuff might come to the 360 eventually, but that's not even certain, and you can be sure that you'll have to pay for it.
#22 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -
@Pinkshley1 said:
if you own both shouldn't you know the answer to this?
#23 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@punkxblaze said:
" Let's be honest here - The Joker will come to the 360 eventually as paid DLC, it's inevitable. Like Darth Vader. It really comes down to which controller you like more and whether you want the Joker content now or later. Moreso the control, however, since I don't think the Joker thing is that big a deal (And this is coming from an obsessive Joker fan.). "
Oh really? Just like the DLC of GTAIV?  Oh waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt..........
#24 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@Muffin_Hunter said:
" @Agent47CSim2 said:

" Yeah it's a excellent game and if enough people buy this we may, hopefully, get some more great games by Rocksteady. "

I don't think you need to worry about that. This game looks to be doing quite well commercially. I'd say Rocksteady has a deal for a sequel in the bag at this point. "

*SPOILER* also at the end of the credits you see Bane grab a box of Titan and the screen goes black, so that probably hints at a sequel.
#25 Posted by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

So no PC fans eh?
*sigh*
Ah well- I'd go for PS3 since it has all that additional stuff.

#26 Posted by Ugalde (140 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" @Pinkshley1 said:
I really hope people don't make their decisions on the way a cape flows. :x  Seriously though, considering the differences in the X360 version and PS3 version (visual wise) are quite negligible, it comes down to either: achievements/trophies, X360 Controller/DS3, and whether or not you want the exclusive Joker content. I haven't played the PS3 version, but all the adverts showing the Joker gameplay make me really want to play it. "

Playing a game where the characters cape is constantly moving and you constantly have to look at the cape it could get annoying if it glitches.
#27 Posted by DanGuy (278 posts) -

A think the 360 version looks a little bit better, but the PS3 has a playable Joker.

#28 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -
@HolyCrapItsAdam: I own both consoles, not games. 
#29 Posted by yevinorion (691 posts) -

Visually there's not a whole lot of difference...things like occlusion shadows and cast shadows are different, but realistically...you won't notice these things unless you look for them.

I'd say go with whatever system you prefer. Yeah, the PS3 had Joker content, so that can be a deciding factor. One other thing I noticed tho, the 360's default camera seems to be zoomed in more than the PS3 version. That combined with the Joker stuff and the fact that I prefer the PS3 controller for everything except shooters made this a PS3 purchase for me.

#30 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -

I hate to say this but ... neither.
Having played it and watched a friend for several hours I am NOT impressed with this slow paced brawler ...

Rental only

#31 Posted by F1 (346 posts) -

I have both consoles, but I'm getting it on the PS3 because the JOKER! ahaha

#32 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -

I have both consoles, but since my 360 is a ticking time bomb, I got it for PS3.

#33 Posted by LiquidPrince (15845 posts) -

Vectrex... No seriously, for PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.