Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Edited By SolidOcelot

I've been looking forward to this game for a while now, I've played the challenge levels they have set up at the local Best Buy and EB Games but i began playing the PS3 demo of the game, which im glad to say is actually the first 30 min. of the game. And well, i feels a little quick paced, maybe its the beginning or just the fact that its a demo. but it seems like its rushed into the action and exploring and no in a good way, it feels like your jumping unto a moving train, stuff is already happening and you've just arrived. IDK, maybe im just paranoid, but i hate to day this but ... its a bit of a letdown, still have to wait for the full game, but it seems like at least story wise, its a littel lacking.
    What do you think, thanks, any questions about the demo, ill be happy to answer those who havent played yet

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SolidOcelot

I've been looking forward to this game for a while now, I've played the challenge levels they have set up at the local Best Buy and EB Games but i began playing the PS3 demo of the game, which im glad to say is actually the first 30 min. of the game. And well, i feels a little quick paced, maybe its the beginning or just the fact that its a demo. but it seems like its rushed into the action and exploring and no in a good way, it feels like your jumping unto a moving train, stuff is already happening and you've just arrived. IDK, maybe im just paranoid, but i hate to day this but ... its a bit of a letdown, still have to wait for the full game, but it seems like at least story wise, its a littel lacking.
    What do you think, thanks, any questions about the demo, ill be happy to answer those who havent played yet

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Absurd

I thought it was coming out tomorrow?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By RsistncE
    @Absurd: Tis out on the EU PSN.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Absurd
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Absurd: Tis out on the EU PSN. "
    Lucky, I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iiNF3RNo

it is on the US store now!

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Akeldama

its in the canadian store if thats any help

cblackweiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By cblackweiu

Just got done playing the demo and I am quite impressed by what it introduces.  Yes, it does throw you into the action right away, but in my opinion that's what a good demo is supposed to do, whet your appetite with the gameplay and general setting and give you a peek at the story which this does.   

For any US gamers like myself, I actually adjusted the time settings on my PS3 and was able to get it, not sure if I will get in trouble for this, but so far so good.  

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidOcelot

Its out, in the UK, US, and CAN. today

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InFamous91

downloading now =)

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

I found it pretty awesome that the main focus was picking off enemies one by one in a very batman-y way... at it all moved very very smoothly and  moving about from one perch/platform to another and glide kicking enemies was really intuitive. 
    All of this came as a surprise because I thought this game looked terrible for ages
    SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I thought it was very easy and boring, I will not be picking this up.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
    @SirPsychoSexy said:
    " I thought it was very easy and boring, I will not be picking this up. "
    fail, it's called a tutorial at the beginning of the game being used as a demo.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @CL60 said:
    " @SirPsychoSexy said:
    " I thought it was very easy and boring, I will not be picking this up. "
    fail, it's called a tutorial at the beginning of the game being used as a demo. "
    HUGE FAIL!!!!!!! 

sir psycho your not very bright..........
    SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

No shit its a tutorial, but generally before I buy a game I try the demo to see if I enjoy it, and I was not sold on this demo. I was originally interested in the game when I saw how cool the combat looked and the whole free flow thing, good thing I played this demo. You can just sit there and spam square and look like a total pro at the game. I could see this combat getting boring very fast and a lot of button mashing.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By HairyMike87
    @SolidOcelot: I liked what the demo had to offer. The only thing I'm not a fan of is that you have to kill all of the people in a room to get your health back. I guess I've been playing too many shooters lately.
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Jedted

I liked the grappling and the stealth gameplay but it was kind of annoying how stupid some of the guards were.  That one section where you gotta use the grapple points to get passed the armed guards i thought felt a little too easy since they NEVER turn around.  I did try to take em on all at once and i think i managed to subdue one before the other 2 killed me. 

On the main menu there's a section called 'Challenge Levels' so maybe they have achievements for stuff like completing a level in a short ammount of time or something like that.  I might rent this when it comes out to see if it's worth the full price. 
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Naughton
    @SirPsychoSexy said:
    " No shit its a tutorial, but generally before I buy a game I try the demo to see if I enjoy it, and I was not sold on this demo. I was originally interested in the game when I saw how cool the combat looked and the whole free flow thing, good thing I played this demo. You can just sit there and spam square and look like a total pro at the game. I could see this combat getting boring very fast and a lot of button mashing. "
    Yeah, it's a little button-mashy at the beginning, but the game quickly forgoes that style of combat in favor of a stealthier form of gameplay. If you end up mashing buttons, you're doing it wrong.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Jedted said:
    " I liked the grappling and the stealth gameplay but it was kind of annoying how stupid some of the guards were.  That one section where you gotta use the grapple points to get passed the armed guards i thought felt a little too easy since they NEVER turn around.  I did try to take em on all at once and i think i managed to subdue one before the other 2 killed me.  On the main menu there's a section called 'Challenge Levels' so maybe they have achievements for stuff like completing a level in a short ammount of time or something like that.  I might rent this when it comes out to see if it's worth the full price.  "
    you can take all 3 out with stealth "kills", as you said, they never turn around. but the idea of that bit is clearly to avoid them, as the tutorial says, not to fight them, since the guys in the big room at the end do patrol and come check fallen buddies and what not
    jonsnow007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jonsnow007

If one thing is for certain it is that it will be a very short game. I'll probably wait until it's cheapers.

Heimlein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Heimlein

I refuse to judge a FULL game buy a demo

Its like judging how food tastes just buy smelling it it doesn't work that way

Of course there is stuff happening in the game already The joker knows batman is still in the area and so do all the inmates. They just don't know where he is going to strike from.
    IMO I think you are basing to much of your expectations on a demo

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By Jedted
    @Heimlein said:

"Its like judging how food tastes just buy smelling it it doesn't work that way."

That's a pretty poor analogy i think, if something smells rotten then it usually IS rotten. 

I agree with you about the game though.  I'm geussing it's a full scale prison riot at Arkam so it looks like Batman's got his hands full. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CL60
    @jonsnow007 said:
    " If one thing is for certain it is that it will be a very short game. I'll probably wait until it's cheapers. "
    How is that for certain..at all..
    jonsnow007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jonsnow007
    @CL60:  A litle birdy told me.
    wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By wackojackman
    @SolidOcelot: i think because of the free flow combat and awesome features of the game they want you to get control of them straight away, do not worry i am sure they will develop the story, it is an awesome setting, batman and all of his worst enemies. 
    Remember it is a demo as well i do not think they wanted to give away the story too much, they want you to play the game more than find out about the story. 
     i know it is the first 30 mins of the game, but in a way i like the way it is going, i want to know what jokers real plan is etc. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.