Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Impressions (PC version)

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By generic_ninja

I've actually never really considered myself to be overturned by any type of comic to game franchise, However after Playing this new demo Via steam, I was actually quite impressed in not only how much more I wanted to know, But how much this game can overcome all others in its genre as one of those "Comic Genre Video-Games".  

For what I saw and heard from Batman Arkham Asylum, Its sounds fantastic and looks fantastic, I do however get a popup saying that my Nvidia8800 GT series needed to be updated...That concerned me, But i believe that I actually got a full front pelvis thrust when it comes to the visual's because they look stunning and not only the creepy dark area's but even the voice acting ties into what a frantic place it really is. 

The combat actually really reiled me in quickly, It is that same old counter attack to a regular attack and continusally hitting the person over and over until they become "Unconcious" But looks really fluent in Batmans motions, As well as the new Detective mode which allows you to see the Vital signs and battle conditions of an enemy on the screen allowing you wether or not to attack them with a front attack or seeing your objects (Or in the case of the demo, Gargoyle Statutes" Littered throughout the geography of the level, then coming in behind an enemy and slowly taking him into "An Unconcious State" Where you continue on until you reach either the end point of the map really or defeated all the enemies.  

The Detective state does feel kinda of weird at first because their are actually quite a few ways in actually defeating your enemy but it also is quite nice to be able to see the bone structure of the opponent but its quite the pain to turn off the mode when fighting dudes and the level design and art design is eye candy to look at anyway.

I've come out of this demo very impressed and actually quite looking forward to picking up Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PC on August 25th 2009.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60
    @Generic_Ninja said:
    "

I've actually never really considered myself to be overturned by any type of comic to game franchise, However after Playing this new demo Via steam, I was actually quite impressed in not only how much more I wanted to know, But how much this game can overcome all others in its genre as one of those "Comic Genre Video-Games".  

For what I saw and heard from Batman Arkham Asylum, Its sounds fantastic and looks fantastic, I do however get a popup saying that my Nvidia8800 GT series needed to be updated...That concerned me, But i believe that I actually got a full front pelvis thrust when it comes to the visual's because they look stunning and not only the creepy dark area's but even the voice acting ties into what a frantic place it really is. 

The combat actually really reiled me in quickly, It is that same old counter attack to a regular attack and continusally hitting the person over and over until they become "Unconcious" But looks really fluent in Batmans motions, As well as the new Detective mode which allows you to see the Vital signs and battle conditions of an enemy on the screen allowing you wether or not to attack them with a front attack or seeing your objects (Or in the case of the demo, Gargoyle Statutes" Littered throughout the geography of the level, then coming in behind an enemy and slowly taking him into "An Unconcious State" Where you continue on until you reach either the end point of the map really or defeated all the enemies.  

The Detective state does feel kinda of weird at first because their are actually quite a few ways in actually defeating your enemy but it also is quite nice to be able to see the bone structure of the opponent but its quite the pain to turn off the mode when fighting dudes and the level design and art design is eye candy to look at anyway.

I've come out of this demo very impressed and actually quite looking forward to picking up Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PC on August 25th 2009.

"
    It was delayed until September 15th on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.