Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition on Steam for $7.50

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

Finally, I decided to get it. I love steam! Being a diehard halo multiplayer addict, it makes it so easy to ignore great games untill they come out for less then ten dollars on steam! Yay!

Also...

www.batmanbatmanbatman.com

Also...

Holy shit... it's 8 GB!!!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

That's a great deal. I wish the PS3 version was that cheap... I would purchase it again. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Since I already own the standard edition, I wish there were something other than 3D to give me a reason to buy B:AA again.

I NEED MORE BATMANS.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Keenblaze: Pretty sure the non GOTY edition has 3D support. Doesn't the GOTY edition just have the extra challenge map DLC along with a different set of achievements?
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

I assume this still requires GFWL? How does GFWL even work with a Steam game? =/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BeachThunder said:
    " I assume this still requires GFWL? How does GFWL even work with a Steam game? =/ "
    Yo dawg we heard you like GFWL so we put a GFWL Client in your Steam game so you can Home while you Shift-Tab! 

Meh. Maybe with some workshopping we can get something out of that one.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d
    @BeachThunder said:
    " I assume this still requires GFWL? How does GFWL even work with a Steam game? =/ "
    Just a log in I think, like logging into your Bioware/EA account for Bioware games. 

It's £3.75 in the UK so I think I should definitely purchase it even though I disliked the demo. 

That is some awful logic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlexW00d said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    Just a log in I think, like logging into your Bioware/EA account for Bioware games.  It's £3.75 in the UK so I think I should definitely purchase it even though I disliked the demo.  That is some awful logic. "
    The demo made me not want to buy it, but I also bought it on a sale and I'm glad I did. The combat gets better the more you play, and everything about the presentation is spectacular. There's a reason it almost won Giantbomb's GotY 2009.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By AlexW00d
    @Keenblaze said:
    " @AlexW00d said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    Just a log in I think, like logging into your Bioware/EA account for Bioware games.  It's £3.75 in the UK so I think I should definitely purchase it even though I disliked the demo.  That is some awful logic. "
    The demo made me not want to buy it, but I also bought it on a sale and I'm glad I did. The combat gets better the more you play, and everything about the presentation is spectacular. There's a reason it almost won Giantbomb's GotY 2009. "
    This makes me somewhat happy. 
    I also just bought thew Gothic complete pack on a whim, make me happy about that one too. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a side note, I just S-ranked Arkham Asylum last week. 

I'm really not one to obsess over achievements, but it was actually really fun. 

A few notes for new players:  
    1) If you've got a 360 controller, you'll probably want to use it. I played my first playthrough and all the challenge rooms with mouse and keyboard, and it works great, but I think a controller is a little better. 
    2) Take a break once in a while from the story mode to play the challenge rooms. They'll teach you how to be a better player by forcing you to use good stealth and combat tactics. 
    3) Along those lines, force yourself to be a better player. Playing on normal, it's easy to just mash the punch button, and you can get through a lot of the game being lazy like that. But once you start working in counters and special moves, the combat will completely open up and become an unholy symphony of baddie smashing. Flowing from hit to hit to counter to hit feels so good once you understand the timing; I can honestly say that a well-played combo in B:AA is unlike any other experience I've had with a game. This is part of the reason that the demo didn't click with me, because I didn't understand that there's more to it than mashing the X button. There's an upgrade that will allow you to significantly increase the combo by hitting an enemy right after the previous blow lands. Mastering that concept will make you instantly fall in love with the beautiful Freeflow combat. 

This is getting long, but basically, EVERYONE BUY THIS GAME. I haven't even mentioned the fantastic writing and voice acting (until now).

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

This was really really tempting until I realized I already owned the game on Xbox and I don't have a computer that could run it on the most minimal of settings.

But that was a really pretty game on the xbox, I'm curious as to the PC's graphical improvements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.