Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman Avatar Rewards

Matches_Malone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Matches_Malone

Do you guys think we'll be getting some Batman style Avatar Rewards?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

I hope so, it'd be cool to get a Riddler themed outfit or a Mr. Freeze.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Doubt there will be REWARDS.  They'll probably put something on the Marketplace, though.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hockeymask27

Sadly, I believe Avatar Awards will be just like Gamerpictures. Developers could give them away free for getting achievements but in the end they rather place them on the marketplace.

Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brockly46
    @Hockeymask27 said:
    " Sadly, I believe Avatar Awards will be just like Gamerpictures. Developers could give them away free for getting achievements but in the end they rather place them on the marketplace. "
    agreed
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

Well I had a thread about it coming to Home, but I dunno about the 360 side.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jonnyboy

Why get it for free when you can buy that useless shit?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hockeymask27 said:

" Sadly, I believe Avatar Awards will be just like Gamerpictures. Developers could give them away free for getting achievements but in the end they rather place them on the marketplace. "

I don't understand how an avatar award could be a gamerpicture. Gamerpictures have absolutely nothing to do with your avatar. So it wouldn't be an avatar award at all.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have the game and so far nothing, but easy achievements.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Ineedaname
    @CL60 said:
    "   @Hockeymask27 said:

I don't understand how an avatar award could be a gamerpicture. Gamerpictures have absolutely nothing to do with your avatar. So it wouldn't be an avatar award at all. "
    He means what would be an avatar costume will probably be a gamer pic. And the potential costumes in question will probably end up on the market place.
    It's not that difficult to extract what's he's trying to say.

And I agree with this dude.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "   @Hockeymask27 said:

I don't understand how an avatar award could be a gamerpicture. Gamerpictures have absolutely nothing to do with your avatar. So it wouldn't be an avatar award at all. "
    He means what would be an avatar costume will probably be a gamer pic. And the potential costumes in question will probably end up on the market place. It's not that difficult to extract what's he's trying to say.  And I agree with this dude. "
    Or what he said makes no sense at all. It's AVATAR AWARDS, AKA AWARDS for your avatar. What would be the entire point of having the entire section of Avatar Awards if they wouldnt even use it.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ineedaname
    @CL60 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "   @Hockeymask27 said:

He means what would be an avatar costume will probably be a gamer pic. And the potential costumes in question will probably end up on the market place. It's not that difficult to extract what's he's trying to say.  And I agree with this dude. "
    Or what he said makes no sense at all. It's AVATAR AWARDS, AKA AWARDS for your avatar. What would be the entire point of having the entire section of Avatar Awards if they wouldnt even use it. "
    Because they can make money out of it? 
    Have we crossed wires somewhere? I think I did read to much into what he put, but either way I think he's saying no, they're make you pay.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CL60
    @Ineedaname said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Ineedaname said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "   @Hockeymask27 said:

Or what he said makes no sense at all. It's AVATAR AWARDS, AKA AWARDS for your avatar. What would be the entire point of having the entire section of Avatar Awards if they wouldnt even use it. "
    Because they can make money out of it?  Have we crossed wires somewhere? I think I did read to much into what he put, but either way I think he's saying no, they're make you pay. "
    Make money off of what? Putting in an entire section in the avatar menu that will never be used according to you. I'm talking about the Avatar Awards not shit you buy.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By jkz
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "   @Hockeymask27 said:

Because they can make money out of it?  Have we crossed wires somewhere? I think I did read to much into what he put, but either way I think he's saying no, they're make you pay. "
    I think he's simply saying that the AVATAR AWARDS section will go UNUSED since they have the OPTION (sorry no more random caps <3) of placing this stuff on the market. The comparison he drew was that developers can AWARD (CRAP, sorry) players gamerpics, but they rarely do since the other option is to make players pay for them and, resultantly, give the devs more money.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MKHavoc
    @CL60: Developers could have always given away gamer pics for free with achievements but they rarely ever did it.  Most of the gamer pictures usually ended up in the marketplace for sale.  I think he's saying that now that there is the avatar marketplace developers will treat props for avatars the same way they did with gamer pictures.  Microsoft created the Avatar Awards section so that developers have the option to make avatar awards, but I doubt they're forcing anyone to do it.
    Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By holycrapitsadam
    @jukezypoo said:

" @Ineedaname said:

" @CL60 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "   @Hockeymask27 said:

I think he's simply saying that the AVATAR AWARDS section will go UNUSED since they have the OPTION (sorry no more random caps <3) of placing this stuff on the market. The comparison he drew was that developers can AWARD (CRAP, sorry) players gamerpics, but they rarely do since the other option is to make players pay for them and, resultantly, give the devs more money. "
    what this guy said. Games such as the original Gears of War and PGR4 have awarded players a gamerpicture for getting a certain achievement (i.e. Seriously in Gears of War) but most game developers don't do this because it is more beneficial for them to sell them on the marketplace for money. Hockeymask27 is saying that the Avatar Awards system will rarely be used as most developers will want to put any avatar items based off of their game on the marketplace so they can make a quick buck rather than just giving them away to the player for obtaining a certain achievement.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ineedaname
    @HolyCrapItsAdam: That's what I thought he meant. 'Cept I read into a little more.
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hockeymask27
    @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    " @jukezypoo said:

" @Ineedaname said:

" @CL60 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @CL60 said:
    "   @Hockeymask27 said:

I think he's simply saying that the AVATAR AWARDS section will go UNUSED since they have the OPTION (sorry no more random caps <3) of placing this stuff on the market. The comparison he drew was that developers can AWARD (CRAP, sorry) players gamerpics, but they rarely do since the other option is to make players pay for them and, resultantly, give the devs more money. "
    what this guy said. Games such as the original Gears of War and PGR4 have awarded players a gamerpicture for getting a certain achievement (i.e. Seriously in Gears of War) but most game developers don't do this because it is more beneficial for them to sell them on the marketplace for money. Hockeymask27 is saying that the Avatar Awards system will rarely be used as most developers will want to put any avatar items based off of their game on the marketplace so they can make a quick buck rather than just giving them away to the player for obtaining a certain achievement. "
    thanks for clearly this up did not realize what a wrote was so hard to understand.
    kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kermoosh

i heard avatar awards come out on games that release on and after august 25, the day batman comes out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.