Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Combat Challenge room tips thread...

trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trustymutsi

Hi everyone! I'm not giving tips, I'm asking for them. Anybody here get all three medals for the combat challenge rooms yet? Have any tips for the rest of us? 

I'm about 60% thought the main game, and will be needing some tips soon for these rooms. 

I've tried them a few times already, and my main problem is keeping the combo going when no one is close enough to me.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

When no one is close enough to you try do a ground take down on a fool (also batman can travel an entire room if hes in the middle of a combo). To be really good in the challenge rooms youll need to start using all the moves you can and try have them in one combo. By doing this youll get massive amounts of points, for example when the round starts either strike or counter then evade,batclaw punch fools until you can do a take down or throw then just keep on punchin and throwin/takkedwoning and of course youll have to stun knife dudes. When there only a few guys left throw a batarang which should knock them all down allowoing you to move in for a ground takedown that scores you a lot of points. Although you get  a 1000 point bonus for not breaking your combo in a round you should be more conserned about your variation bonus, I got really tied down trying to do flawlessly in each round which is nigh impossible@trustymutsi:

jimibighits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jimibighits

good tips, i'm at about 91% and those later rooms are TOUGH.
    klaptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By klaptos

I should try these, im not very good at the combat rooms. The predator rooms on the other hand, lots of fun and relatively easy(imo).

RandomBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RandomBullet

One thing I did was rack up a big combo with constant critical strikes and do ground pounds when u have a high combo multiplier.Other then that, keep the flow going and always scan the people around you when you do counters and takedowns as they will go for a strike on you when you finish with one thug.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

Use every single one of your abilities in a combo or as much as you can, that'll rack up tons of points. Evade ALOT. You can evade multiple times and still keep the combo going, so I'd usually evade until I'm not surrounded. Abusing batarangs on the extreme levels are really helpful.

trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trustymutsi
    @suneku said:
    "Use every single one of your abilities in a combo or as much as you can, that'll rack up tons of points. Evade ALOT. You can evade multiple times and still keep the combo going, so I'd usually evade until I'm not surrounded. Abusing batarangs on the extreme levels are really helpful. "

See, that's one of the things I'm having a hard time with. When I use the batarang, it almost always ends my combo. Do you need to use it between punches?
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suneku
    @trustymutsi: Batarang, then evade, if there's an enemy standing then punch, if all of them are on the ground do the ground takedown (rt+y) to give them time to get up, then evade again to give some more time for them to get up and to get yourself in a good position. I do them mid-combo and it works.
    Kevek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kevek
    @trustymutsi:
    You have to have a particular upgrade to be able to use the batarang mid-combat and continue your combo. I think it's called something like "Combo Batarang" and is under the combo/combat section (left side) of Waynetech

I can never seem to get more than 1-2 medals on the combat challenges, either. I suppose I need a lot more practice.
    trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trustymutsi

Great, that helps guys! 

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Use throw a lot...just try not to ring out guys, it doesn't give a lot of points and removes a target to be slapped around a few more times for a higher combo. 
    For Knives and Tazers ignore stun and just flip behind them and continue the combo, as mentioned if you can isolate an enemy and do a Ground Pound at 10+ combo you'll be getting 1000+ points each time you do it, it's a very very good way to end a round. 

I would also suggest having full combat upgrades, critical hits essentially double your combo if you're timing your punches right and being able to do throw/takedown at 5-Combo instead of 8-Combo will greatly improve you chances. Again try not to ring out or throw guys into electric barriers, will kill your points for beating them with your hands.

Hassebla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hassebla

Variety Bonus. 

Seriously, if you use all your moves every round that's 5000 a round.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Seppli
    • Try to stay in combo state
    • Don't take any blows
    • Don't mash buttons
    • Variety in combos gives up to 5k points (use counter, stun, baterang, batclaw, combo takedown, combo throw and ground takedown in one single combo for full points)
    • When the room clears up, use baterang to send as much enemies to the ground as possible - then use ground takedown for 100 points X combo-rating (massive points incoming)
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vitor
    @Seppli said:
    "
    • Try to stay in combo state
    • Don't take any blows
    • Don't mash buttons
    • Variety in combos gives up to 5k points (use counter, stun, baterang, batclaw, combo takedown, combo throw and ground takedown in one single combo for full points)
    • When the room clears up, use baterang to send as much enemies to the ground as possible - then use ground takedown for 100 points X combo-rating (massive points incoming)
    "

Ah, that's where I was going wrong - I can get a perfect freeflow combat award on every round but never a high variation bonus - I rarely counter if I'm concentrating on getting the batclaw/batarang into use.

Even then, I've got all 3 stars (or bats) on every challenge room except the one with the two titan henchmen at the end. I just don't know what to do with them... I hate that I automatically climb on them and can't get down - if there's a guy with a gun across the room, you'll never reach him before he kills your combo

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By cap123

hope these can help anyone struggling on these two which are by far the hardest imo, shock and awe extreme and rumble in the jungle extreme

I did shock and awe extreme by getting really great scores on the first three, it is far easier to keep within the time limit on these three. Put all your efforts into getting high scores on these as the fourth is very hard to score well on.. you need to give yourself some breathing room so that on the 4th you can just concentrate on getting your combo meter up to 5 and then instant takedowning (b+y). No variation bonusing, just get your combo meter yellow then take an enemy out.. only real way i could get under the timelimit. Get your x5 by beating on non-knife/eletric guys, then go for one of the knife/eletric guys with your instantTK. Very frustrating when you get to 30k in the first three rounds, only to run out of time on the fourth!!

Rumble in the jungle extreme.. stop guys from getting boxes and guns, just listen out for the alarm at all time and watch the boxes, they're your priority. Also learn to evade away into some space if you're beginnig to get surrounded, you can keep your combo going if you hit someone soon after. RITJE is all about the tank guys though. Get a nice combo going, tthen evade using an enemy (so your combo is still going strong, evading normally gives you less time to hit the next person) when a tank comes, of course, that's after hitting tank with batarang. Now get in there and punch him enough times to get him grounded, but countering the other guys is priority because you can stop pnuching tank and he'll still be dazed after you counter an oncomer. When he is kneeling/grounded.. stay away from him. If you've managed to get a x10 by this point, this is your chance to hit the big points, as he'll be down for some time, get your combo up another 10 or so, as much as you feel safe doing.. THEN jump on his back. You could be on x20 before you've even started thwacking guys on his back.  When i finally did it, i got 17k on first round (by far my best, this is really what won it for me, can't expect to do that every time.. 12k is really what you want to go for), 20k on 2nd, 10k on third, 10k on fourth.  

JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JukeboxJoe

Don't panic and mash buttons, I fall into that trap occassionally and it always ruins my combos.  
    Try and get at least 1000-2000 variety bonus, the 500 no damage bonus, and the 1000 freeflow bonus on the first round. That little boost on the easy round can make the difference later when things get tough 
    Always try and finish with a ground takedown, especially with a high combo meter, as you get tons of points and there's noone to interupt you 
    Use all your moves! Don't forget the batarang and batclaw

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.