Did anybody else think their broke?

Avatar image for cl60
#1 Edited by CL60 (17118 posts) -

 SPOILERS 

SPOILERS

   
 
 

 

Did anybody else think their TV broke?:D

 
 
During the third scarecrow encounter? Oh man I got angry there for a second. 
Avatar image for jkz
#2 Edited by jkz (4134 posts) -

Haha me too, those were some of the best moments of the game :D 
 
Although I thought it was my 360 more than my TV

Avatar image for suneku
#3 Posted by suneku (3005 posts) -

I just did that part like 10 minutes ago. I was a bit worried but was pretty sure it wasn't the tv. Awesome sequence though.

Avatar image for coverlesstech
#4 Posted by CoverlessTech (768 posts) -

Spoilers much?

Avatar image for cl60
#5 Posted by CL60 (17118 posts) -
@CoverlessTech said:
" Spoilers much? "
Uhh.no.
Avatar image for coverlesstech
#6 Posted by CoverlessTech (768 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @CoverlessTech said:
" Spoilers much? "
Uhh.no. "
It's obviously a part in the game that got a reaction out of you and most people that would play and now you have ruined that part for anyone who hasn't been there yet.
 
If you where told it was going to happen before it did would you have had the same reaction you did? No. Therefor it would have been spoiled for you.
Avatar image for cl60
#7 Posted by CL60 (17118 posts) -
@CoverlessTech said:
" @CL60 said:
" @CoverlessTech said:
" Spoilers much? "
Uhh.no. "
It's obviously a part in the game that got a reaction out of you and most people that would play and now you have ruined that part for anyone who hasn't been there yet.  If you where told it was going to happen before it did would you have had the same reaction you did? No. Therefor it would have been spoiled for you. "
At the most I may have saved people from turning off there xbox/ps3..It's not even that crucial of a moment and it's not supposed to g et a reaction out of you, it's supposed to set up the next thing that happens.
Avatar image for coverlesstech
#8 Posted by CoverlessTech (768 posts) -
@CL60: Not suppose to get a reaction? You reacted, the two other people here reacted. You don't just say those types of things out of no where.
 
It's like if you where playing Eternal Darkness and I told you all the sanity effects before hand, when those effects happen they won't get the reaction out of you that they are suppose to. 
 
Anyways you added the spoilers tag so I don't see why you are still disputing me.
Avatar image for jkz
#9 Posted by jkz (4134 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @CoverlessTech said:
" @CL60 said:
" @CoverlessTech said:
" Spoilers much? "
Uhh.no. "
It's obviously a part in the game that got a reaction out of you and most people that would play and now you have ruined that part for anyone who hasn't been there yet.  If you where told it was going to happen before it did would you have had the same reaction you did? No. Therefor it would have been spoiled for you. "
At the most I may have saved people from turning off there xbox/ps3..It's not even that crucial of a moment and it's not supposed to g et a reaction out of you, it's supposed to set up the next thing that happens. "
Yeah what he said makes absolutely no difference as to how much of an impact the scene will have on you.
Avatar image for cl60
#10 Posted by CL60 (17118 posts) -
@CoverlessTech said:
" @CL60: Not suppose to get a reaction? You reacted, the two other people here reacted. You don't just say those types of things out of no where.  It's like if you where playing Eternal Darkness and I told you all the sanity effects before hand, when those effects happen they won't get the reaction out of you that they are suppose to.   Anyways you added the spoilers tag so I don't see why you are still disputing me. "
Because I don't think it's a spoiler..at all. It's not crucial to anything in any way shape or form.
Avatar image for jakob187
#11 Posted by jakob187 (22802 posts) -

Dood, the Xbox that I play on freezes up from time to time, and I totally thought it was freezing on me.  I was about to start cussing like a muthafucker!!!

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
#12 Posted by SmasheControllers (2951 posts) -

That shit was crazy.

Avatar image for pause
#13 Posted by pause422 (6311 posts) -

Not really a spoiler, just asking a question without giving literally anything away....
 
secondly, cry more, please.

Avatar image for cl60
#14 Posted by CL60 (17118 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" Dood, the Xbox that I play on freezes up from time to time, and I totally thought it was freezing on me.  I was about to start cussing like a muthafucker!!! "
Yeah, I was just about to turn off my xbox but it ended :P
Avatar image for icecoldgamer
#15 Posted by IceColdGamer (697 posts) -

My girlfriend freaked. I was at hour 13 of my marathon and didn't really react. Although later I thought it was pretty fucking cool.

Avatar image for jeffsekai
#16 Posted by Jeffsekai (7156 posts) -

nope

Avatar image for spankingaddict
#17 Posted by spankingaddict (2919 posts) -

no... i played eternal darkness, so i didnt fall for that one....

Avatar image for iinf3rno
#18 Posted by iiNF3RNo (257 posts) -

yeah i thought something happened but then realized what was happening and laughed. 

Avatar image for jimbo_n
#19 Edited by Jimbo_N (1475 posts) -

Yea I LOVED that moment. Fooled me all the way. A 100 swears went through my head. And since it started back at the beginning right after I thought my 360 crashed and restarted the game from the first save or something outlandish like that. But a few seconds later i realized what happened and just applauded loudly for myself. 
Faaantastic mindfuck, fantastic !
Avatar image for creamypies
#20 Posted by Creamypies (4169 posts) -

After being mindfucked by both Metal Gear Solid and Eternal Darkness... I wasn't gonna fall for this one.

Avatar image for raynate2022
#21 Posted by raynate2022 (321 posts) -

I was PISSED! I looked for the RROD a soon as it did that..haha. Awesome job on this game

Avatar image for hitmanagent47
#22 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

I thought the ps3 fried and I am getting a second ylod and have to send the ps3 to sony for repair, I closed the system quickly then. I played it again and realised it was part of the game.

Avatar image for parademise
#23 Posted by GunnBjorn (2905 posts) -

Yeppes, i totally admit it... 
I really thought something was wrong with my X360.(not my TV though) 
It felt like it simply crashed and started the intro-sequence all over again. 
Then to be baffled by the fact that it was Batman strapjacked in that 'mad-Mobile'. 
It was a really neat touch in the game.
Avatar image for fenixrevolution
#24 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (745 posts) -

I though  my 360 just got the RRoD I was about to rage.  Then I kept watching and to my relief it was supposed to happen.

Avatar image for inevpatoria
#25 Posted by inevpatoria (6961 posts) -

My game had already locked up once just prior to this moment. So when it happened I nearly flipped my shit.

Goddamn Scarecrow. Awesome, awesome sequence.

Avatar image for sjschmidt93
#26 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (5009 posts) -

Nah... I was pretty sure it was a Metal Gear Solid-ish type thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.