Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Fist Play impressions

Malc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Malc

Unfortunately living in the UK means we do not get to play this until Friday (or Thursday if pre-orders get sent out early). So I wanted to hear everyones impressions of the game who are playing it now - good or bad - and I will post my own when I finally lay my hands on a copy. I thought it would be good to have one thread to collate all thoughts and opinions into whilst you're starting, playing, finished, or re-playing Batman: Arkham Asylum.

What are your impressions of the game so far, or have you already completed it (I heard it's around 12 hours playtime first time through)? Avoid posting spoilers please, or at least spoiler tag them to avoid ruining the game for those who have not got as far through the game as you. 

Sorry for the wrong spelling of 'First' in the thread title.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Im so jealous of all you american guys.............. I have pre ordered the super awesome version for the 28 which is my birthday.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss
    @Pie said:
    " Im so jealous of all you american guys.............. I have pre ordered the super awesome version for the 28 which is my birthday. "
    Your birthday is the day after my birthday.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pie
    @End_Boss said:
    " @Pie said:
    " Im so jealous of all you american guys.............. I have pre ordered the super awesome version for the 28 which is my birthday. "
    Your birthday is the day after my birthday. "
    Kaosangel, hamz, yours, mine and a few others are all in the end of august category.
    Malc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Malc

Happy Birthday to you guys. Batman AA makes a nice present, especially after the drought of retail games for the Summer. 

Also is there anyway to edit my spelling mistake for the thread title?
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By suneku

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to edit titles right now.

And I'm loving this game. I don't think this has disappointed me yet, but I'm not done yet so who knows.

Malc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Malc
    @suneku:
    No problem. I just got to make sure I don't make a mistake next time. First thread i've made on Giantbomb.

It's good to hear a lot of positive comments all over the web for Arkham and the start of the game set the atmosphere pretty well from Giantbomb's quick look video. It'd be nice to hear some more impressions from you Suneku once you've played it some more. :)
    jhosaphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jhosaphat

just picked mine up!
    tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tranquilchaos

I've played about 3 hours so far and it's really quite good. I love the combat and the atmosphere is really cool. This is definitely the best batman game. Not that it had much competition...

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Babble

Copy from Gamefly should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By alexl86

Okay, the game is developed by Rocksteady, which is an English developer. It's published by Eidos, which is an European publisher... why people who live in Europe have to wait 3 days after the U.S. release?

Anyway, I preordered it, and they sent it today, so I might get it on Thursday, though I'll probably get it on Friday. Since I'm sick, I wouldn't mind having something new to play.

Malc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Malc

I guess it's just new games get released on a Tuesday in America, and Friday in Europe. Eidos probably didn't want this to slip into September so it gets released worldwide on the same week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.