Games that have you play as a child in 1 or more levels

#1 Edited by Jedted (2411 posts) -

After playing Arkham Asylum for the 4th time i got to thinking, what other games have you play as a young version of the main protagonist for one level? 

Of the top of my head i can think of: 
-Batman: Arkham Asylum 
-Deadly Premonition 
-Fable 2 
-Fallout 3(you play as a baby in the begining and later as a teenager)

Any other games come to mind that use this?  I'm somewhat curious and i think it's a great narrative device.

#2 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Fahrenheit/ Indigo Prophecy

#3 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

Bayonetta has it!

#4 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Does AC2 count?
#5 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Aren't there a bunch of Mario and Luigi games where you play as the baby versions as well?

#6 Posted by schizogony (977 posts) -

Bully

#7 Posted by truewhipsnade (11 posts) -

There are a few or just one Mario and Luigi games but I cannot think of the name. Possible it could be confused with the actual full kid versions like Paper Mario, which won't count.

• Zelda: Ocarina of Time
#8 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

AvP 2 and I assume AvP 1. You play as a face hugger and chest burster, does that count?

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (12410 posts) -

Commander Keen

Are you going to make a concept page for this?

#10 Edited by MythDarK (558 posts) -
The Sims games totally have that feature. 
@BeachThunder said:

" Commander Keen  Are you going to make a concept page for this? "

This page is should be enough though.
#11 Posted by ChrisOVC (133 posts) -

Heavy Rain

#12 Posted by schizogony (977 posts) -

Resident Evil 2

#13 Posted by Hilbert (349 posts) -

#14 Posted by dudeglove (8273 posts) -
@Hilbert: Ugh... creepy.
#15 Posted by schizogony (977 posts) -

Persona 1, 2, 3, 4

#16 Posted by GunstarRed (5453 posts) -

Bioshock 2 and resident evil 2
#17 Posted by Hilbert (349 posts) -

@dudeglove
said:
" @Hilbert: Ugh... creepy. "

Messiah from Shiny entertainment. no one remembers this game. i'm old...
#18 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -
@Hilbert said:
"

@dudeglove
said:
Messiah from Shiny entertainment. no one remembers this game. i'm old... "
I do bought it at a removals sale, wouldnt run on the crappy computer I had at the time, it looked cool, possesion of people etc.
#19 Posted by Hilbert (349 posts) -
@EdIsCool said:
" @Hilbert said:
"

@dudeglove
said:
Messiah from Shiny entertainment. no one remembers this game. i'm old... "
I do bought it at a removals sale, wouldnt run on the crappy computer I had at the time, it looked cool, possesion of people etc. "

Yeah. The levels that I played where incredible at the time but it had more bugs than "a bugs life" and it just wouldn't run on allmost any computer.
#20 Posted by RobJ (397 posts) -

There were, I believe, two "Eco Quest" games years ago from Sierra where the main character for both was a child.

#21 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -
@MythDarK: Do you know if there's a concept page for cases like Arkham Asylum where you play as the child version of the usually adult protagonist?
#22 Posted by InKtOiD (92 posts) -

I saw it listed above. Bioshock 2 has the parts where you play as a little sister, it's a great narrative tool and shows you why they actually call the dead bodies "angels." Because they actually see everything in a very vivid and dreamlike way, where all of the carnage and destruction is actually viewed to them as happy and comforting things.

#23 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@Hilbert: Didn't all of Penny-Arcade's original jokes have something to do with Messiah? Or was that Daikatana?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.