Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Giant Bomb Review?

• 86 results
    CollyWolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CollyWolly

Anybody know if the Giant Bomb crew are going to review Batman: Arkham Asylum and what the eta is?  

Just curious.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

They are most likely, I'm guessing they actually need to complete the game first -_-

They are busy people.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Ryan said they were during the QL, not sure tho

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Damien

And Jeff is on vacation, ergo making them busier.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " They are most likely, I'm guessing they actually need to complete the game first -_-  They are busy people. "
    The game takes, like, 10 - 12 hours to beat on normal difficulty.  After that, you blast a little bit on the challenge modes and then bam, you've got what you need to write a review.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Patience... it will happen.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By copycatzen

I think Eidos pushed Jeff to go on vacations so he cannot mess up the game with a bad review 
    LOL
    Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Anarchist4Eva

Soon enough is my guess. Eidos probably didn't give them a review copy either. Do a Google search for the history on that if your not in the know. 

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9  Edited By SenatorSpacer

All I know is that the game is so badass I love it man!

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By delta_ass
    @Anarchist4Eva said:
    " Soon enough is my guess. Eidos probably didn't give them a review copy either. Do a Google search for the history on that if your not in the know.  "
    Um... they gave both Brad and Alex Navarro review copies. Check the site if you don't believe me.

And yea, where is the review? Everyone else released their reviews days ago.
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngeTheDude

Alex Navarro is putting the finishing touches on it as we speak!

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Seedofpower

Pm them and ask.

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ivanetc

yeah i've sorta been wondering about this considering it's been out in the states for a while already.
    i know they're busier without jeff but the actual reviewing process for one of them should be the same with or without jeff.

and hahahah lmao i forgot the trouble jeff had with eidos hahha. could that actually be the reason as to why he took this week off?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24

They will make one; I believe they said they will in both the QL and "I Love Mondays."

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Karmum
    @Ivanetc said:
    " yeah i've sorta been wondering about this considering it's been out in the states for a while already. i know they're busier without jeff but the actual reviewing process for one of them should be the same with or without jeff.  and hahahah lmao i forgot the trouble jeff had with eidos hahha. could that actually be the reason as to why he took this week off? "
    Two days is a long time?
    ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ivanetc
    @Karmum: 
    nah i'm not saying it's been aaaaaages but they usually have reviews up of games (even big/anticipated ones) before the day they come out in the states or on the day, so i'm just pointing out this is a bit weird.

granted these guys do a great job with content considering how many are constantly pumping out stuff. i honestly see more exciting news/videos here than IGN or gamespot so i praise GB greatly for that, and of course jeff is away so yeah i understand why they may be taking a while.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pie

It is a bit annoying but I dont realy need there opinion this time

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By EdIsCool

yeah they couldnt have done a day one as they would never get a review copy from Eidos. Correct me if Im wrong but I think they buy most of their games, I dont think they get review copies all that often.Watching the mailbag they get a few but not a lot.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19  Edited By JamesF

If you stop talking about it, it will come.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gizmo

I'm not really sure what Giantbomb are doing recently, they just seem to be recycling  old news and being pretty late with current reviews.

I have faith in them , however.

c_ngo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By c_ngo

If they did review the game . I'm pretty sure it'd be something like . "YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME!" 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By jakob187
    @c_ngo said:
    " If they did review the game . I'm pretty sure it'd be something like . "YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME!"  "
    Ryan seemed generally displeased any time he talked about it on the Bombcast, in the Quick Look, and other instances.  God only knows. 

I just don't see how anyone could not like this game. 

Chances are, though, they are just busy bees this week.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Hamz
    @jakob187: I think Ryan, much like myself, was more pissed off over seeing so many bloody trailers being released for the game. Trailers that were simply rehashing the same footage from previous trailers the week before but with maybe 2 seconds of extra footage.

As for the game itself I think everyone can agree it feels like a great Batman game (still waiting for the PC release dammit!) and does seem to be getting high praise as just a game itself, regardless of the fact Batman is in it.
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrLove
    @jakob187:
    Ya Ryan seemed like he didnt like it,  even went so far as to diss the Harley Quinn design.   Waiting for a review is one thing but I think its funny how they all talk about how there are no good games in the summer, then this one comes out and the review is madd late.  But if he doesnt like i just hope he gives some good reasons.  I bet he will love the Riddler parts even if he hates the story mode.
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DrLove

Might not see a review for a while.  Looks like Jeff is even less interested in this game as Ryan is.....   
     From the Achievement section  Jeff Wrote.. 

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a good Batman game would be popular. But as someone that's never played it, I am still a bit surprised to hear that Batman: Arkham Asylum has caught on the way it has. I've had a copy sitting here with me at home for a few days now, but being on vacation, I decided to not get wrapped up in anything new. So instead I played about five hours of inFamous, figuring I needed to break in my new PS3.

I'll probably play Batman at some point, but something about the traditional, cape-wearing superheroes has always been totally off-putting to me. Like, I totally don't understand how people could be seriously into a character like Superman or Batman, especially when their origin stories seem to get retold every few years in some other medium with minor twists to make it more palatable to modern standards. I'm not really sure why I feel that way, but I've always felt that way. My comic book days were anchored by stuff like G.I. Joe and Transformers, not the X-Men or Spider-Man. And I still think Adam West is the best Batman."

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Nate

My prediction - Ryan will review it and give it 4 stars.  
    If it gets any lower than that I will shit a brick. I've only played the demo, but based on that I'd give it 5 stars. I need to scrape together some cash and get this one soon.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karmum
    @Nate said:
    " My prediction - Ryan will review it and give it 4 stars.  If it gets any lower than that I will shit a brick. I've only played the demo, but based on that I'd give it 5 stars. I need to scrape together some cash and get this one soon. "
    You're grading a game a perfect five stars based on a demo, and if it gets lower than four stars (from someone who has played the FULL GAME) you'll be upset? Wow, you're a pretty big hypocrite.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pie
    @Karmum said:
    " @Nate said:
    " My prediction - Ryan will review it and give it 4 stars.  If it gets any lower than that I will shit a brick. I've only played the demo, but based on that I'd give it 5 stars. I need to scrape together some cash and get this one soon. "
    You're grading a game a perfect five stars based on a demo, and if it gets lower than four stars (from someone who has played the FULL GAME) you'll be upset? Wow, you're a pretty big hypocrite. "
    I think that hes saying that hed give the demo 5 stars and would be suprised if it got lower than 4
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jkz
    @Pie said:
    " @Karmum said:
    " @Nate said:
    You're grading a game a perfect five stars based on a demo, and if it gets lower than four stars (from someone who has played the FULL GAME) you'll be upset? Wow, you're a pretty big hypocrite. "
    I think that hes saying that hed give the demo 5 stars and would be suprised if it got lower than 4 "
    Thing about this game is I could see someone finding it entirely mediocre. If you didn't get drawn in by the Atmosphere (which is admittedly quite difficult) the gameplay is somewhat simplistic and repetitive to stand on its own. So I wouldn't be stunned if someone thought it was only average.
    Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nate
    @Karmum:  
    Don't quite know how that makes me a hypocrite - but I guess you are right that I have no place judging someone's review of a game I haven't played.  I guess a better way to say it is I'll just be very surprised if it gets lower than four stars, not really that upset.  I'm also kind of going off other review scores I've seen from this game too. I think a 3 stars from Giantbomb would be the worst review score I've seen for this game so far. 
    As for my five stars - yeah I was just giving the demo a review score - the rest of the game could really suck, but rarely have I played a demo that felt so satisfying and left me wanting more so badly.
    Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nate
    @Nate said:
    " @Karmum:  
    Don't quite know how that makes me a hypocrite - but I guess you are right that I have no place judging someone's review of a game I haven't played.  I guess a better way to say it is I'll just be very surprised if it gets lower than four stars, not really that upset.  I'm also kind of going off other review scores I've seen from this game too. I think a 3 stars from Giantbomb would be the worst review score I've seen for this game so far. As for my five stars - yeah I was just giving the demo a review score - the rest of the game could really suck, but rarely have I played a demo that felt so satisfying and left me wanting more so badly. "
    Actually I should take it one step further - I have no place judging someone's review of a game even if I had played it. Ryan (I think someone said he's reviewing it) is entitled to his ill-conceived vengeful malice toward this game. Just playing :) I'm sure it will be a fair review. Giantbomb has never given us anything less.
    Sugalumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sugalumps

I have to believe that they'll talk about it on the Bombcast tomorrow, and through their conversation regarding the game, listeners will be able to extrapolate a review.  This game was fucking awesome; I played it and beat it in two days.  This is one of those titles where you don't need a review to decide if it's good or not.  

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#33  Edited By KowalskiManDown

For a site that gave Fallout 3 4 stars, and Banjo Kazooie 5 stars... who knows what to expect?

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SUBL1ME
    @copycatzen said:
    " I think Eidos pushed Jeff to go on vacations so he cannot mess up the game with a bad review LOL "
    Thing is Kane & Lynch sucked hard and Arkham Asylum is a badass game though. Which is odd, I thought I'd never see the day that Eidos made a good game this century.
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Damian
    @SUBL1ME: You should play Blood Money. If you have already, then you should play it again :P
    SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SUBL1ME
    @Damian 

I completely forgot they made Hitman! Sorry about that I was blinded by the thought of crappy Tomb Raider sequels to even think of them.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nail1080

So what it's Tuesday now and still no review? Pretty pathetic IMO

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CL60
    @SUBL1ME said:
    " @copycatzen said:
    " I think Eidos pushed Jeff to go on vacations so he cannot mess up the game with a bad review LOL "
    Thing is Kane & Lynch sucked hard and Arkham Asylum is a badass game though. Which is odd, I thought I'd never see the day that Eidos made a good game this century. "
    Eidos didn't even make the game :/
    delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#39  Edited By delta_ass

At this rate, the PC version might come out before the review.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Karmum
    @CL60 said:
    " @SUBL1ME said:
    " @copycatzen said:
    Thing is Kane & Lynch sucked hard and Arkham Asylum is a badass game though. Which is odd, I thought I'd never see the day that Eidos made a good game this century. "
    Eidos didn't even make the game :/ "
    Yep, and they didn't even develop Kane and Lynch. They published both games. Publishers are the ones that deal with the marketing and manufacturing aspects. Including: advertising. Hint hint: Eidos had ads on GameSpot, and Eidos were the ones upset, not IO Interactive.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By flaminghobo
    @nail1080 said:
    " So what it's Tuesday now and still no review? Pretty pathetic IMO "
    Why don't you try running the site then Mr. Bigshot?
    Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By Oni

I think it's pretty poor that GB doesn't have a review for this up yet. It's a big hit with their target audience, something we all want to know about (even though we already played it). It just doesn't make sense to not do it.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

It doesn't deserve 5 stars, that's for sure. A solid 4/5 seems about right, or an 8.5

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44  Edited By Oni

And you are the authority on what does and does not deserve 5 stars? Come on. I think it's an easy 5/5, even if you were to take away the license it would still be an awesome game. GOTY for me, most likely.

dillonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By dillonator
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    Why don't you try running the site then Mr. Bigshot? "
    How about a group of guys who makes money by providing a product to a fanbase actually gets something done on time?

I get it.  But I'm sure these guys don't need more nuthuggers to prove just how 'infallible' they are.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gizmo

I think the Bomb-Squad got too caught up with Crimecraft, gee, that game sure looks something!

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jkz
    @Gizmo said:
    " I think the Bomb-Squad got too caught up with Crimecraft, gee, that game sure looks something! "
    It's hard not too
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JJOR64
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By flaminghobo
    @dillonator said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    Why don't you try running the site then Mr. Bigshot? "
    How about a group of guys who makes money by providing a product to a fanbase actually gets something done on time?  I get it.  But I'm sure these guys don't need more nuthuggers to prove just how 'infallible' they are. "
    Last week was a lot harder to cope with than most weeks, Ryan Davis was moving house and Jeff Gerstmann was on holiday. These guys do the best they can to get stuff out on time, just be patient and back off a little.
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50  Edited By spankingaddict

i like giantbomb, but...................yeah the game isnt very long , so why?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.