I'm Batman?

Posted by Stackboy (478 posts) -

I didn't think I was ready for another adventure. I didn't think it was from a character and a universe I cared little for.

Everyone heard it. You have to play Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's actually good and sticks close to the old ways of The Bat. But I was skeptical. Fanboys will be fanboys. Of course you are going to like it, it has Batman in it. They could put him in a polkda dot dress and you would call it "Immersive and engaging".

I had enough people recommend it to me that a little under a week ago I gave it a try. Now I'M BATMAN. That is truly what it feels like. Stalking to shadows, being capable of installing fear into the hearts of goons. Putting your detective skills to work. Having a grizzly voice. As preciously mentioned, I'm not a bat fan. I never read the comics, sure I enjoyed the latest film (who didn't). But the game either gives you a great education into the history of the comic series, or it may well back up what you love so much about the caped crusader.

I didn't expect so much to do as well. Collectibles, challenges, riddles. An OCD gamer would have a ball. I'm happy to just trip through the game and gaze on what it's offering.

I am so pleased to have played so many single player games this year, because I have really found such reward in completing some of the best experiences around, of late. Batman is one of them. 

Is this the video game police?! There's a fire going on in my lounge room!
#1 Posted by Stackboy (478 posts) -

I didn't think I was ready for another adventure. I didn't think it was from a character and a universe I cared little for.

Everyone heard it. You have to play Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's actually good and sticks close to the old ways of The Bat. But I was skeptical. Fanboys will be fanboys. Of course you are going to like it, it has Batman in it. They could put him in a polkda dot dress and you would call it "Immersive and engaging".

I had enough people recommend it to me that a little under a week ago I gave it a try. Now I'M BATMAN. That is truly what it feels like. Stalking to shadows, being capable of installing fear into the hearts of goons. Putting your detective skills to work. Having a grizzly voice. As preciously mentioned, I'm not a bat fan. I never read the comics, sure I enjoyed the latest film (who didn't). But the game either gives you a great education into the history of the comic series, or it may well back up what you love so much about the caped crusader.

I didn't expect so much to do as well. Collectibles, challenges, riddles. An OCD gamer would have a ball. I'm happy to just trip through the game and gaze on what it's offering.

I am so pleased to have played so many single player games this year, because I have really found such reward in completing some of the best experiences around, of late. Batman is one of them. 

Is this the video game police?! There's a fire going on in my lounge room!
#2 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

When did Batman AA come out?

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@Burns098356GX said:
" When did Batman AA come out? "
august 09 
#4 Edited by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -
@Burns098356GX: August of last year

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.