Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Is it worth the money?

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pinkshley1

I tried the demo on 360 and I LOVED it, I'm just not sold on wether it is worth $50 - 60 depending on where I buy. How long is the game? And how is the replay value? 

EDIT: Oh and I meant to say sorry if there is a topic about this already, I didn't see one.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mikeeegeee

Probably worth it. I've just been keeping it from blockbuster for way past its due date. Probably put around 8 hours into it.... only at 50%. I do a fair amount of collecting and stuff, though. I can't speak to the replay value of the game, but there is a challenge mode that's probably fun, and the main campaign itself is surprisingly lengthy. Rarely stale, too. I keep coming back to it... continues to impress me

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Definitely worth it. The game can be up to 25 hours long, maybe more, for a single playthrough and with the extra challenge rooms, you will want to stick around and play more of it. Second playthroughs are also tempting.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pinkshley1

Cool thanks for the info, the single player sounds like a good length, especially compared to most games nowadays. I wasn't sure if the Xbox version got the challenge rooms as well or if those were part of the joker promo on PS3. Well if the Xbox has the challenge rooms as well I'm definitly buying. I couldn't care less about playing as the joker, I watched vids on youtube and he actually looked pretty lame compared to Bats.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Akeldama

i would say no. I borrowed it from a friend and that was more than enough for me.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilTwin

I kind of agree.  I rented it and beat it and don't really feel the need to replay right away.  Maybe when it drops to 30 dollars I'll consider picking it up to pop it in again. 

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pinkshley1

OK, here's a new one... should I get Red Faction Guerilla or Batman?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Can't speak to Red Faction, but I know I'm positively enjoying Batman.

That said, I don't know if it has a lot of replay value. Obviously, there's an achievement for completing the game on the hardest difficulty. But I've put nearly a weekend's effort into it and have nearly completed everything the game has to offer.  

The campaign is very fun. The challenge rooms are very enjoyable. At the end of the day, though, I can't promise you'll find sixty dollars worth of content in this package.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Karmum

Honestly, yes. Between Red Faction and Batman though, I'd go with Red Faction. More replay value (i.e. mutliplayer), but I'm going to definitely buy Arkham Asylum once I get the money. GameFlying it isn't enough.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

Yes. Definitly worth it.

I've put about 30h into it. For 100% completion and 1000/1000 achievement points.

Best singleplayer experience I had so far this year.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Worth every penny, then again I bought it for $38 because in canada futureshop wanted to match the price of wallmart. Still for full price the gameplay is really excellent and there is replay value, I am going though it again right after I finished it and trying to get all the joker's riddles. There is a challenge mode for more replay value, it's definetely worth buying, I have no regrets, except that it's not the pc version which is sharper.

About red faction, no idea.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By fenixrevolution

It would be a yes and no question. I personally think the game was worth the $60.00 I paid for it, because I love Batman related things. But the story felt way short, even while getting all the Riddler challenges completed in the same play-through. I don't have much interest in replaying it right now, but the challenge rooms are just that, challenging and they can keep you occupied (and frustrated) for a good deal of time I'd imagine.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Seppli said:
    " Yes. Definitly worth it. I've put about 30h into it. For 100% completion and 1000/1000 achievement points.  Best singleplayer experience I had so for this year. "
    this
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60

Yes

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By VicRattlehead

yes.... what the people have said already and that theres also free dlc coming on the 17th and the 24th

Forzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Forzen

I wasn't sure whether to buy it or rent it but i stuck with my pre-order. So happy I did as even though i've completed the story i just keep coming back again and again.

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ghostin

It is a very high quality game, and I enjoyed almost all of my time with it.  I'm not much of a Batman fan though, so replayability once I found all the tropies etc... was minimal.  I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are a batman fan you will probably think this is the best game in a long time, if not you might be better renting - as you could probably do all there is to do in a weekend.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By dbz1995
     Yes
     Yes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.