Just started Arkham Asylum. Cant see what the fuss is about.

• 66 results
#51 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

I played through about half of Arkham Asylum and eventually lost interest. The characters and game-play were enjoyable for the most part, but when I was inevitably interrupted (college isn't the best time in life to play story-based games, y'know?) from playing every day or so, I lost interest in finishing the game. Unfortunately, there was no incentive to keep me coming back for more.

#52 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -
@TwilitEnd656 said:
" @Axxol said:
" The combat is pretty good, but I didn't get far because I hate stealth. "
Wh-.... Then why would you even play a Batman game?! "
Probably because I heard it was good and decided to give it a try.
#53 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

I think its an all around great game except for those stupid scarecrow sequences. Platforming from a fixed angle was incredibly boring, doing it more than once is just annoying.

#54 Posted by awesomeusername (4230 posts) -
@Marz: Your picture made me follow.
#55 Posted by onarum (2229 posts) -

It's a good game but honestly imo it just got so much attention because it is pretty much the only decent batman game like ever.

#56 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -

After the hype I'm not surprised you were disappointed. It is an amazing game but if you were expecting the greatest game ever you'd be disappointed. 

#57 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

I didn't think it was particularly ground-breaking as some people make it out to be, but I felt that it played really nice and looked great as well. Just don't go into it expecting it to completely blow your mind and you'll probably enjoy it a bit more.

#58 Posted by Vextroid (1427 posts) -
@FlyingRat said:
" So... you've played like 5 minutes? "
I fell in love with the game in the first 5 minutes! So much show I platinum'd it. /lolshowingoff

As for the OP: Yeah it does get better but play for atleast an hour and if your not 'feeling it' by then then you won't like this game.
On the combat? So simple yet so satisfying.
#59 Posted by chrissedoff (2158 posts) -

batman arkham asylum is the only game i've ever s-ranked besides assassin's creed ii. i love it that much.

#60 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

gets better when u get some gadgets and shit

but like other said, it blew my mind from start to end
#61 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Don't be a dick

#62 Posted by matrix_hiei (143 posts) -

There were a few amazing parts, but I don't really understand the hype either. I mean, it's a solid game, fun from start to finish, and it's awesome that Batman is finally in a good game. I understand all of that, but there are definitely better action games out there.

#63 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

I found it an ok but thoroughly forgettable and easy brawler with shallow Metroidvania stuff. I'm dumbfounded as to why this is such a well-reviewed and well-liked game.

#64 Posted by Rockdalf (1293 posts) -
@matrix_hiei said:
" There were a few amazing parts, but I don't really understand the hype either. I mean, it's a solid game, fun from start to finish, and it's awesome that Batman is finally in a good game. I understand all of that, but there are definitely better action games out there. "
Just curious as to what you would list as "better".
#65 Posted by matrix_hiei (143 posts) -
@Rockdalf:
Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood, Uncharted 2, Zelda, God of War, Darksiders, Devil May Cry 1/3, etc.
#66 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

I think the combat is one of the best approaches to hand to hand fighting i've seen in a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.