Mark Hamill to voice Joker

#1 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Fresh word from the GameStop expo in Las Vegas is that Mark Hamill, voice of the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series and face of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, will have a starring role in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum video game. The role? The Joker, naturally. Hamill will bring his finely tuned maniacal giggle to the Rocksteady Games developed release that was announced last month by way of Game Informer.

While GI may have teased that info, Warner Bros. is said to have confirmed it today.

According to our tipster, you may be appearing in Batman: Arkham Asylum as well, as the company is holding a contest that will allow the winner to become an Arkham inmate in-game with your cell decked out with personal photos and wall scribbles. We're told to expect official confirmation on the matter sometime next week.
http://kotaku.com/5047657/mark-hamill-you-to-appear-in-batman-arkham-asylum

YES! Even more evidence that this game will be epic? I think so! Couldn't have done any better, in my opinion.

Your thoughts?
#2 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Most definatly not, Mark Hamill is an excellent Joker.

#3 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Mark hamill has done the joker in many outlets as well as wolverine and quite a few other characters.

#4 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

This is awesome. Mark Hamill is THE voice of the Joker IMO.

#5 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I never knew Luke Skywalker did the voice of the Joker before...i'm in a state of shock, how did i not know this o.o

It sounds pretty awesome though, any word on who voices Batman? I mean is Christian Bale going to do the voice or what...?

#6 Posted by eduardo (361 posts) -

He was awesome in the Batman Animated Series. Good call.

#7 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Now they just need to get Kevin Conroy to do Batman. The one gripe I had about Dark Knight was Bale's raspy Batman voice.

#8 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
TeflonBilly said:
"Now they just need to get Kevin Conroy to do Batman. The one gripe I had about Dark Knight was Bale's raspy Batman voice."
I got the feeling by the end of the movie Bale's voice was begining to give out because at the start of the movie his "batman" voice wasn't half as raspy and deep as it was by the end of the film.
#9 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Whoa, I had no idea he was Joker in the animated series.  I used to watch that show all the time.  Shit was straight ballin.

#10 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

hmmm. i hope he isn't too over the top in this game though, the new look is more of a mix between hamils animated series joker and ledgers dark knight joker. so hopefully he tunes down the flamboyant personality thing. 

HOPEFULY, they get some footage of Mark doing his VO work and show it off this time, because he banned all of it during the tv show because he was way to embarrassed. 
#11 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

This is awesome news, Hamill has always been my favorite Joker

#12 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -
Hamz said:
"TeflonBilly said:
"Now they just need to get Kevin Conroy to do Batman. The one gripe I had about Dark Knight was Bale's raspy Batman voice."
I got the feeling by the end of the movie Bale's voice was begining to give out because at the start of the movie his "batman" voice wasn't half as raspy and deep as it was by the end of the film."
That's true. Near the end of the film it almost sounded like Bale was in physical pain over Batman's voice. Towards the end it was a bit much, but I personally think the raspy voice fits Batman's character pretty well, as Batman is a very angry character who is trying to be intimidating.
#13 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

That's what I thought of Snake's voice in MGS4.  Sounds like Hayter was trying way too hard, and was ready to die or puke....or both.

#14 Posted by snake6phw (166 posts) -
TeflonBilly said:
That was a problem for alot of people, and as Hamz said, it did look like he was straining it towards the end of the movie.
#15 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Use the force, young batman..........

Pretty good pick, I guess.

#16 Posted by Kohe321 (3533 posts) -

Thats awesome he is 100% the voice of the joker.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.