Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Mark Hamill to voice Joker

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By brukaoru
    Fresh word from the GameStop expo in Las Vegas is that Mark Hamill, voice of the Joker inBatman: The Animated Series and face of Luke Skywalker inStar Wars, will have a starring role in the upcomingBatman: Arkham Asylum video game. The role? The Joker, naturally. Hamill will bring his finely tuned maniacal giggle to the Rocksteady Games developed release that was announced last month by way of Game Informer.

While GI may have teased that info, Warner Bros. is said to have confirmed it today.

According to our tipster, you may be appearing in Batman: Arkham Asylum as well, as the company is holding a contest that will allow the winner to become an Arkham inmate in-game with your cell decked out with personal photos and wall scribbles. We're told to expect official confirmation on the matter sometime next week.
    http://kotaku.com/5047657/mark-hamill-you-to-appear-in-batman-arkham-asylum

YES! Even more evidence that this game will be epic? I think so! Couldn't have done any better, in my opinion.

Your thoughts?
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Otacon

Most definatly not, Mark Hamill is an excellent Joker.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Mark hamill has done the joker in many outlets as well as wolverine and quite a few other characters.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By suneku

This is awesome. Mark Hamill is THE voice of the Joker IMO.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

I never knew Luke Skywalker did the voice of the Joker before...i'm in a state of shock, how did i not know this o.o

It sounds pretty awesome though, any word on who voices Batman? I mean is Christian Bale going to do the voice or what...?

eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By eduardo

He was awesome in the Batman Animated Series. Good call.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now they just need to get Kevin Conroy to do Batman. The one gripe I had about Dark Knight was Bale's raspy Batman voice.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz
    TeflonBilly said:
    "Now they just need to get Kevin Conroy to do Batman. The one gripe I had about Dark Knight was Bale's raspy Batman voice."
    I got the feeling by the end of the movie Bale's voice was begining to give out because at the start of the movie his "batman" voice wasn't half as raspy and deep as it was by the end of the film.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Vaxadrin

Whoa, I had no idea he was Joker in the animated series.  I used to watch that show all the time.  Shit was straight ballin.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

hmmm. i hope he isn't too over the top in this game though, the new look is more of a mix between hamils animated series joker and ledgers dark knight joker. so hopefully he tunes down the flamboyant personality thing. 

HOPEFULY, they get some footage of Mark doing his VO work and show it off this time, because he banned all of it during the tv show because he was way to embarrassed. 
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

This is awesome news, Hamill has always been my favorite Joker

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Bulldog19892
    Hamz said:
    "TeflonBilly said:
    "Now they just need to get Kevin Conroy to do Batman. The one gripe I had about Dark Knight was Bale's raspy Batman voice."
    I got the feeling by the end of the movie Bale's voice was begining to give out because at the start of the movie his "batman" voice wasn't half as raspy and deep as it was by the end of the film."
    That's true. Near the end of the film it almost sounded like Bale was in physical pain over Batman's voice. Towards the end it was a bit much, but I personally think the raspy voice fits Batman's character pretty well, as Batman is a very angry character who is trying to be intimidating.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Vaxadrin

That's what I thought of Snake's voice in MGS4.  Sounds like Hayter was trying way too hard, and was ready to die or puke....or both.

snake6phw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By snake6phw
    TeflonBilly said:
    That was a problem for alot of people, and as Hamz said, it did look like he was straining it towards the end of the movie.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Use the force, young batman..........

Pretty good pick, I guess.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Kohe321

Thats awesome he is 100% the voice of the joker.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.