'Most Critically Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever' - Guiness

#1 Posted by FlamingHobo (4475 posts) -
 "We are so pleased to be awarding Batman: Arkham Asylum a Guinness World Record. It is a fantastic new game and due to the reaction of gaming experts we believe it has a well deserved place in the Guinness World Records book."

Personally I think the game truely deserves the title, Spiderman 2 was my favourite superhero game before Batman was released. Congratulations to Rocksteady!

#2 Posted by mikeeegeee (1534 posts) -

Yeah, don't forget about the likes of Spiderman 2. Gamers accidentally left a copy of it in my Xbox after they fixed it, but my dad made me take it back. Pretty poor fucking decision. Great game that was.

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The only other superhero game I can think of that wasn't shit is Spider-Man 2 so this is hardly an accolade but still, good to hear that there's actually a good game out there.

#4 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I thought that Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was fucking awesome, but I haven't played Arkham Asylum outside of the demo. Also, I suppose Viewtiful Joe would count since it's superhero games, and not comic-book games.....and Viewtiful Joe was damn good.

#5 Posted by FlamingHobo (4475 posts) -
@TheFreeMan said:
" I thought that Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was fucking awesome, but I haven't played Arkham Asylum outside of the demo. Also, I suppose Viewtiful Joe would count since it's superhero games, and not comic-book games.....and Viewtiful Joe was damn good. "
I didn't play Hulk: Ultimate Destruction but I enjoyed Prototype.
#6 Posted by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -
wow somebody paid guiness a lot of money for this.  

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

hurray

#8 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Congrats on getting the Guinness record for something so specific and obscure. They'll put you next to the worm eater and the guy with long fingernails.

#9 Posted by brenogil (16 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" wow somebody paid guiness a lot of money for this.  

"

oh yeah
#10 Posted by jakob187 (21506 posts) -

What the fuck?  Dood, Guiness will put a record in their book for ANYTHING!  This is fucking retarded.  Takes the hype WAAAAAAY too far. 

But the game does kick ass.

#11 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

WHAT ABOUT CATWOMAN???!!!

#12 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Congrats on getting the Guinness record for something so specific and obscure. They'll put you next to the worm eater and the guy with long fingernails. "
And along with those is the "Most obscure and specific world record", which is held by the very same record that started this.
#13 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

Freedom Force currently has 90 on metacritic.  Arkham Asylum has 91.

A couple of sub-90 reviews and they're gonna have to take another look at this record.

#14 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Guinness sure loves making new categories.

#15 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Yep congrats Rocksteady, I remember some of my friends were saying this game was going to be crap cause Rocksteady never made a good game before.:P

#16 Posted by JoxxOr (53 posts) -

Guiness loves their categories! :D.  

Batman arkham assylm are by far the best comic game, even though the batman game on nes was awesome as well. 

#17 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8610 posts) -

I must admit, this record is pretty stupid. The more specific it is, you know it is more inane its value is. Nonetheless, this is a kick-ass game and I really do love it.

#18 Posted by Anarchist4Eva (86 posts) -
@JoxxOr said:
" Guiness loves their categories! :D.   Batman arkham assylm are by far the best comic game, even though the batman game on nes was awesome as well.  "
Listen, there is no need to put blasphemy on these forums. Comparing the NES disaster that was Batman to this is modern interpretation is so wrong. I remember those horrible Nes & Gameboy Batman games like I just played them. Sunsoft did a big injustice to Batman with those bombs. 

But all that aside, this is quite the bizarre turn of events for the game to get into the record books in just 5 days. Starnge times indeed we live in folks. The game is great though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.