Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

PC Gaming is weird.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Edited By Willy105

I tried out the Batman Arkham Asylum demo on my PC, since I would really like to try the game out. 

However, on the installation screen, it says my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the game, having a 1200 Megahertz processor, while the game recommended a 3000 Megahertz one. However, I installed it anyway, and was not surprised that at low settings, the game ran in slow motion. However, I noticed that even at it's lowest settings, it still had advanced special effects that weren't needed and could be removed with older games. 

So I went into it's data files and changed the game graphics settings file via notepad, changing everything from true to false. But I got interesting to see how far it could go, and I changed everything to true.

Surprisingly, now the game runs with all special effects, including blur, shadows, and stuff, while running faster than before.

I don't know. I think that's just weird.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Willy105

I tried out the Batman Arkham Asylum demo on my PC, since I would really like to try the game out. 

However, on the installation screen, it says my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the game, having a 1200 Megahertz processor, while the game recommended a 3000 Megahertz one. However, I installed it anyway, and was not surprised that at low settings, the game ran in slow motion. However, I noticed that even at it's lowest settings, it still had advanced special effects that weren't needed and could be removed with older games. 

So I went into it's data files and changed the game graphics settings file via notepad, changing everything from true to false. But I got interesting to see how far it could go, and I changed everything to true.

Surprisingly, now the game runs with all special effects, including blur, shadows, and stuff, while running faster than before.

I don't know. I think that's just weird.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Soooooooo... Game runs like shit on a system below-spec, changing further settings to the lowest yields a slight fps boost, and you can't notice the graphical differences. I don't see what's weird about all this. It happens.

Edit: Re-read it and saw you turned it all back on. Weird. Maybe you missed something in the settings, or it's just all in your head. Maybe some of the "true" things were actually disabling things if you read their description than mass change it. If that video's the "faster" one then, eh...

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

Wait, you changed stuff to false, turning it off, but then you changed everything back to true, and now it runs faster? 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

You should see the vid of Crysis running on a Nvidia 6200, now thats awesome.  

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By monkeyroach

OK let me get this straight, you want to play batman with no videocard and recording video at the same time?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Willy105
    @monkeyroach said:
    " OK let me get this straight, you want to play batman with no videocard and recording video at the same time? "
    That's somebody else's video, but it still makes my point. Why do I need a videocard?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.