Play As The Joker On PlayStation 3

• 54 results
Posted by Jeff (3670 posts) -
Eidos and Warner have announced that The Joker will appear as a free downloadable character for the PlayStation 3 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum. He'll be playable on the game's "challenge maps." There aren't a lot of details out there about how he'll play or anything, but they did release this image to go with it...

Yup. That's the Joker, all right. Look for the game in stores on June 23.
#1 Posted by Jeff (3670 posts) -
Eidos and Warner have announced that The Joker will appear as a free downloadable character for the PlayStation 3 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum. He'll be playable on the game's "challenge maps." There aren't a lot of details out there about how he'll play or anything, but they did release this image to go with it...

Yup. That's the Joker, all right. Look for the game in stores on June 23.
#2 Posted by MoistJohn (235 posts) -

that's it. i'm buying this game.

#3 Posted by alConn (153 posts) -

Let's put a smile on that face.

#4 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Well... looks like I'm getting this on the PS3

#5 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Haha. That's sick.

#6 Posted by HT101 (1185 posts) -

I hope they put in a character that's 360 exclusive since they normally do that.  However, playing as the Joker would be totally baller.

#7 Posted by RawShark (236 posts) -

Gah. I'm sick of this childish console-exclusive bullshit. It's like "My MegaDrive (Genesis) is better than your SNES (uh... Super Famicom)!". I hate this new fucking trend.

#8 Posted by Double0hFor (410 posts) -

fuck because we xbox get the gta dlc, sony fucks us over with this dlc :'( id much prefer this than gta

#9 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

All DLC should be created equal.

#10 Posted by Returners (11 posts) -

HELL YEAH.

Already have PS3 version on Pre-order.

#11 Posted by HatKing (6113 posts) -

Wow not convincing me to buy this.  Seriously what do they think this is going to move systems?  I could understand the GTA thing, that was pretty big and like it or not people are a lot more fanatical about GTA games than Batman games.  I just don't get it, this feels more like Sony trying to punish 360 owners than them trying to convince people to buy a PS3.  I guess either way this entire trend is annoying and stupid. 

#12 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Oh dude, what the fuck. Now I need a Playstation 3. :(

#13 Posted by ververdan0226 (1573 posts) -

DoubleOhFor, Would you really rather have the Joker as a playable character in arkham asylum than a sizable 10-hour GTA 4 download? I personally own a PS3 and was getting this anyway, but I don't think this should be a selling point on the game for anyone.

#14 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

And six months post release, he'll be made a DLC character for the 360 version, except you have to buy him, and vice verse if there's a 360 'exclusive' character. We all know how the business goes these days.

#15 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Bwaha! Well that's pretty awesome.

I'm thinking it'll be like playing the Green Goblin in Spiderman 2

#16 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -
Lets hope NOT have character exclusive or DLC just for the PS3 or Xbox 360...
Having exclusive anything is bad press or bad representation of the game. Making the Joker a PS3 exclusive will have people focus on the "who is the better console" argument vs. a legitimate reason you should buy. Doing this will throw all the good reasons to buy the game out the door. Creating argument is not a good way to market the game, its an overused tactic that backfires in the end. The marketing group never takes the flack, but in the end the developers are left picking up the peices. Up to this moment of a press release of an exclusive, I was ready to buy and was about to put a pre-order in. Thank you for making up my mind for me Edios... I will not get this game at launch.

I hope now they (Rocksteady Studios) survive this mistake from the publisher's marketing strategy.
#17 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1744 posts) -

I'm totally getting a PS3 now, good job on getting the exclusives, Sony!

[/sarcasm]

#18 Posted by ReFracture (107 posts) -

I hate this kind of shit. Unless this game is amazingly good, I'm not buying it until I can find it used for $20-$30. I own a PS3 so I would end up with the extra content.. but still, it's the point of it.

#19 Posted by Returners (11 posts) -

@REDRUN

You sound upset.

Trust me, I bet you're like "MEH" when GTA:LAD is announced 360 exclusive. But we PS3 owners are left "picking up the pieces".

#20 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

You're doing it wrong.
You're supposed to announce this after you've already sold a bunch of Xbox 360 copies, so people are forced to buy the game again on PlayStation 3.

#21 Posted by Player1 (3892 posts) -

I don't care if the game was 10 dollars less I'd still buy it for 360 because of achievements and I overall prefer the 360 controller. 

#22 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Well, I now know which system I am getting this on.

#23 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -
Returners said:
"@REDRUNYou sound upset.Trust me, I bet you're like "MEH" when GTA:LAD is announced 360 exclusive. But we PS3 owners are left "picking up the pieces"."
i totally agree with you, but Microsoft was the one who paid for LAD to be developed exclusively. I know Rockstar could of gotten much more sales for the DLC if they wouldn't of had it an exclusive.
#24 Posted by Hef (1158 posts) -

Well i was planning on getting it for the PS3 anyways, but awesome news.

#25 Posted by pause422 (6246 posts) -

Why would they limit something cool like that to one system...Its bullshit I know, its something thats already on the disc most likely and they'll sell it to the 360 later on as DLC like the SCIV characters. Guess I'm getting it on the PS3 though if this is having it first.

#26 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -
#27 Posted by MannAlive (155 posts) -

looks cool, assuming the game is any good.  hopefully the new head of the FCC can get rid of that rule that all Batman games have to suck before this goes gold.

#28 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

Console Exclusive content is kind of dumb. Why not have it for all platforms?

#29 Posted by dQuarters (178 posts) -

Way to go Eidos' marketing people! Instead of talking about how cool this game looks you've now got us talking about DLC console exclusivity, and how boneheaded these issues are.

Bravo.
#30 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

On launch day, would this equation make any sense?

Batman: Arkham Asylum
(Xbox 360) retail: $59.99 = Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3 with exclusive playable character and levels) retail: $59.99  

#31 Posted by Nexas (638 posts) -

Well I know what version I'm getting.

#32 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -

wow, i'm suprised xbox 360 didn't buy this as an exclusive. but i guess this settles the case whether to get it on ps3 or xbox 360 for me

#33 Posted by Coleslaw893 (412 posts) -

I was having a tough time deciding which version to buy, now I know.

While I hate console exclusive DLC, it is nice to see the PS3 getting it for once.

#34 Posted by MikeFightNight (1117 posts) -

I now also know which version to get.

#35 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I'm still sticking with the 360 version.

#36 Edited by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

wow, so i guess this makes the ps3 version better??? awesome!!!!! j/k

if this game is any good, im getting it for the ps3 anyways.

#37 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

Cool, the Joker is great.

#38 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

Don't forget that a few weeks after launch the option will be available for 360 owners for $5.

#39 Posted by FlipperDesert (2106 posts) -

Well, shit. Looks like I need to get a PS3 first then. No batarang for me!

#40 Posted by FrEeZe (301 posts) -

Wow a lot of people are going to buy this game. Probably the after effects off the Dark Knight. I wonder how low of a metacritic score will be needed to deter these current buyers. Probably79 maybe even 75.

#41 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

This damn game is getting more awesome with every annoucnment, can't wait to play it.

#42 Posted by PocketfullaButtholes (76 posts) -

Go fuck yourself, Sony.

#43 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Guess I'm lucky that I have a PS3, in that case.

Hope playing as the Clown Prince of Crime is fun.

#44 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -
Thats awsome....I can't wait to get that.
#45 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

hey my post disappeared

#46 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

This game looks so awesome. Too bad... if I pick it up it'll be on 360.

#47 Posted by Reverseface (1221 posts) -

sony pay big for yo head mon.

#48 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1877 posts) -

to all those who are complaining about it not being on 360....

#49 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

It's funny how people base which version to get on something like this. Why not wait and see which version actually plays better?

#50 Posted by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

Who really cares its not like you can play as the joker in the actual game bonus games are usually lame any ways

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.