Poison Ivy on Hard is a fu-

#1 Posted by StarFry64 (170 posts) -

Tried to play Batman: Arkham Asylum on Hard and I've been stuck on Poison Ivy- I hope it's just not me who thinks this is more difficult than the last battle with heavy-steroid-Twisted Metal-looking JOKER.

#2 Posted by RedRoxy (46 posts) -

Oh you mean boss stage?

#3 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

Just keep dodging. Not that difficult. 

Always put dodging her attack above hitting her with a batarang no matter what. It may take awhile, but you'll get it.

#4 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

Well your one step ahead of me. Im stuck on the titan fight in that octogon room with the waves of henchmen on hard.
#5 Posted by RedRoxy (46 posts) -

Wow... that must be beauty sure for that new game

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15917 posts) -

I'm just about to fight her. I stopped right before her fight. The games been quite easy on hard up until this point. Aiming for a platinum.

#7 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

As long as she's not glowing blue with a yin-yang where her belly button should be, she's not that hard.

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

She's really quite easy.

#9 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Dodge and spam batarangs at the same time. When she brings in back up, go punch them as they get on the ledge so you knock them off the ledge. If you get overwhelmed with enemies, lure them to get caught in ivy's vines. Also spam counter and batarangs if you get surrounded by enemies.

#10 Posted by Brackynews (4065 posts) -

There's a real rhythm to all the boss battles, much more than the henchmen.  Like any good game it's about discovering the patterns.
Hopefully you upgraded to max armor by now.  More important on Hard. 

• Always be tapping LT for constant batarangs to whittle her health.  You'll never need to aim.
  • Dodge (meaning double-tap A) the growth.  The safe spots are essentially one of the extreme edges or the middle.  Even if there is no brown growth, the vines may still spike up nearby.
  • At the second and third checkpoint, don't fight the henchmen, only block them while watching for spike growth and tapping LT the whole time.  Dodge flip over them, and you'll find you get a couple more seconds of breathing room to escape the growth.  They'll all die when Ivy goes into ball-launching.
  • I found I could just run from Ivy's single shots, and dodging made it harder.  Tap LT to strike her after the second shot is launched, and you'll still be running out of the way when it gets to you.
  • Dodge the stream of shots.  Whenever possible, try to be at the edge of the horizontal platform when the next volley of shots comes to make running easier.

I would've broken a controller for sure without the checkpoints, but thankfully the devs weren't InSaNe!
By contrast I felt much more in control of the Joker fights.  I lost when I messed up.
#11 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

I had more trouble with the fight before this one to be honest. 

My strat for this fight was to do the punch the guys as soon as they show up to knock them off the ledge thing. Then when it came to hitting her I would start at one end and run (run button) to the other end while throwing the batarang whenever she opened up. Made the fight pretty easy once I started using that pattern. Punch dudes off ledge, run from side to side.

#12 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

This frustrated me a lot as well. I had to leave and come back to playing later, thankfully it checkpoints once you get past the first phase. On the second phase just make sure to focus on the henchmen and avoid the vines that spring up from the ground, easier said than done I know. I also constantly used the quick throw to throw batarangs every free moment I had. Good luck.

#13 Posted by MildMolasses (3219 posts) -

She was quite annoying, but that was because I was playing stupidly. I kept doing the lock on aim with the batarangs, which slows you down greatly. If you do the quick tap throw, it targets her automatically (even if the security guys are around). If I had realised that on the first two attempts, it wouldn't have made me throw my controller
#14 Posted by Ender445 (36 posts) -

Wait until you get to the double Titan fight at the end, before the final boss. I was crying. Seriously, it's hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.