Shock and Awe (Extreme) and Rumble in The Jungle (Extreme)

#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Any tips for these challenges? They are the last 2 challenges until I 100% the game and they are getting extraordinarily annoying, especially shock and awe, way too many guys and I can't beat them all before the time runs out. So yeah, any tips on what I should be doing too beat these?

#2 Posted by CoverlessTech (749 posts) -

Take downs. Don't just punch the guys, use your combo moves. The B+Y take down kills a guy right away.

#3 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@CoverlessTech said:

" Take downs. Don't just punch the guys, use your combo moves. The B+Y take down kills a guy right away. "

I do that, but when I only do that I don't get a high enough score, I have to mix it up with batarangs and stuff if I want to get a high enough score.
#4 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

What I did for Shock and Awe was used the Ultra Batclaw and pulled a couple off at the beginning of each round. It is a small step, but it seemed to help me complete it. For Rumble in the Jungle I just made sure to try and get 20k+ on the first round and then 30k more comes pretty easily in the next three rounds.

#5 Edited by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

For shock and awe after the first two rounds don't worry about making it pretty and get rid of the knives/batons first. 

If you are struggling for points,  a ground take down gives 100 points multiplied by your combo number.  Get a decent string going and when there are three or so enemies left knock them all down with a quick Batarang and start triangle + r2-ing them.  

Other than that, just keep trying and you'll get better.

#6 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I finally did them both. Now I've got 100% in the game, and gotta play the game again on Hard.

#7 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Man, Shock and Awe is just pissing me off.  I'll be doing GREAT, and then some random knife guy will start fucking me up, then all the missed counters start coming because my flow and timing is all fucked up on the third round.  I've seen the fourth round twice, and I just couldn't pull it off no matter how hard I tried. 

Hopefully, though, I can change all that tonight.

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" Man, Shock and Awe is just pissing me off.  I'll be doing GREAT, and then some random knife guy will start fucking me up, then all the missed counters start coming because my flow and timing is all fucked up on the third round.  I've seen the fourth round twice, and I just couldn't pull it off no matter how hard I tried.  Hopefully, though, I can change all that tonight. "
On three different occasions on the last round I had over the needed 30k score but the time kept running out >< 

I was so happy when I finally did it though.
#9 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -
@CL60: Yeah, that timer is a bitch, man!!!
#10 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @CL60: Yeah, that timer is a bitch, man!!! "
Yeah, when I finally did it, I did a ground takedown on the last guy when the timer was at 0.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.