The camera is driving me batshit insane

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

I just started playing this game. I was told to start on Hard as apparently it's not that much harder than Normal, so that's what I did. I'm at the very beginning, fighting my first group of thugs. I cannot get past them. I have died at least 15 times now. So whoever that guy was who told me to play on Hard can go to Hell; I'm restarting a game on Normal.

But that's not what's driving me crazy. It's the camera. It is making me sick; as in, literally. It just keeps on swirling around and around and around and around and around my dude as I'm fighting and trying to keep an eye on the other enemies so as to counterattack in time. It's making my head spin. I can't believe nobody saw this when they focus-tested the game before release. I mean, am I the only one who thinks that? I don't recall hearing the guys on the podcast talking about camera issues or the like. And here I am, finally buying and playing the game that won many game of the year awards, and I'm not 10 minutes in that I'm asking myself how in fuck's sake did this issue never get mentioned anywhere in over 12 months since the game's release. Anyone?

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5109 posts) -

The camera never did that to me.

#3 Posted by Soap (3565 posts) -

Are you sure your controller isn't broken?

Or you might of had the direction pressed down on the stick when turning the console on, that usually messes crap up.

#4 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

Don't you mean Batman crazy?

#5 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Yeah it must be an error in your end.  There was no camera tomfoolery when I played the game.

#6 Posted by FlyingRat (1445 posts) -

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

#7 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

Yeah... It's probably something wrong in your end. But first of all, what version of the game are you playing? PC? With keyboard+mouse or a gamepad? Which gamepad? PS3? 360? If you're playing with a gamepad (which you should, BTW), maybe the analog stick that controls the movement of the camera is broken. Try recalibrating it. And try a similar game, to see if it makes the same spins.

#8 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

No issues here. Something is f'd  up.

#9 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Very unusual, I say.  Possibly your SIXAXIS-only controller, if that's what you're using, just on the fritz.  Mine does that from time to time, but yours sounds much more aggressive.

#10 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" Don't you mean Batman crazy? "
Don't you mean BatmanBatmanBatman crazy?
#11 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

.....I never had any issues on my playthrough.

#12 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I do own a ps3 version and it's tough to move the camera during a fight. Then again I also own the pc version and it's the easiest thing to do is to move the camera during the fight properly without causing a headache.

#13 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

I think dude means when batman jumps all over the place, it never bothered me but if it does you..... bummer

#14 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I never had a problem with the camera while fighting. But I did have a problem with the combat system at first, until I fully got it.

#15 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -
@Pie: Yes, that's what I mean. It's not a bug or anything. It's the way the camera is programmed. And it's driving me nuts. I'm currently eating Raisin Brains cereal, afterwhich I'll start a new game on Normal. I will try to persevere, as the game is awesome.
#16 Posted by Korwin (2828 posts) -

Cameracameracamera.com

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.