Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

The level of detail in this game is amazing.

trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trustymutsi

After one of my fights, I noticed the thug's on the ground are still breathing. If you zoom in you see their chest's rise and fall. I was very impressed by little details like this in the game.    
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Yeah well the pc demo has twice the details like more detailed textures compared to the console version. However your right it's still a very detailed game.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By giyanks22
    @trustymutsi said:
    " After one of my fights, I noticed the thug's on the ground are still breathing. If you zoom in you see their chest's rise and fall. I was very impressed by little details like this in the game.     "
    I wish I could afford this game, but i have all my dough invested mostly in MW 2.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn
    @trustymutsi said:
    "After one of my fights, I noticed the thug's on the ground are still breathing. If you zoom in you see their chest's rise and fall. I was very impressed by little details like this in the game.     "

Are you saying its worth 50 bucks because of the breathing? =)
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    " Yeah well the pc demo has twice the details like more detailed textures compared to the console version. However your right it's still a very detailed game. "
    You're a PC douche.  

Anyway, the game does look really amazing. I don't think i'll be playing it anytime soon though.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@zombie2011 said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

" Yeah well the pc demo has twice the details like more detailed textures compared to the console version. However your right it's still a very detailed game. "
    You're a PC douche.   Anyway, the game does look really amazing. I don't think i'll be playing it anytime soon though. "

I bought the ps3 version btw. It's just I usually need to buy a game twice because the ps3 version is usually lacking in graphics. I believe the correct term is called a graphic whore.
    ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ZmillA

hitman?

and the environments don't have enough physics objects in my opinion.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @Mikemcn said:

" @trustymutsi said:

"After one of my fights, I noticed the thug's on the ground are still breathing. If you zoom in you see their chest's rise and fall. I was very impressed by little details like this in the game.     "
    Are you saying its worth 50 bucks because of the breathing? =) "
    At what point did he say that? He was just making an observation on the small details in the game. The breathing thing was just his example.

But yes, it is worth all 50 bucks.
    ButtonSmasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ButtonSmasher
    @zombie2011 said
    You're a PC douche.  

Your an Un-Pc Douche
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @ButtonSmasher said:
    " @zombie2011 said
    You're a PC douche.  
     Your an Un-Pc Douche "
    You're both lame insult douches.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    The PC version really only looks a tad better.  If I hadn't compared the PC demo with the other demos side by side, I wouldn't have even noticed any differences except the PhysX stuff.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @Diamond said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

The PC version really only looks a tad better.  If I hadn't compared the PC demo with the other demos side by side, I wouldn't have even noticed any differences except the PhysX stuff. "
    Hey diamond, remember the mods said we aren't allowed to talk to each other since we don't agree and argue non stop. I know it's been 4 months if you remember or not and I just stop posting on another site to post here. Don't reply to me from now on because of your anti pc views even if you got a new pc recently. I disagree with your post and everything you have to say for everything and everything you will have to say. Let this be our last msg to each other. If not, i'll just inform the mods who told me that we can't talk to each other which are like half the mods or else we are just going to get into a bigger arguement which you will be reponsible for.

I can provide screenshots of the pc version where you can compare to ign ps3 version, however it's pointless because you already made up your mind and it would be another arguement regardless. I spent alot of time proving how much sharper pc games are for textures and resolution for years now and we all know that by now. Just ignore this post and don't reply we both got a warning from mods before. If you don't like my views, simply ignore all my post from now on and I won't reply to you, ever.
    William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By William
    @creamypies said:
    " @ButtonSmasher said:
    " @zombie2011 said
    You're a PC douche.  
     Your an Un-Pc Douche "
    You're both lame insult douches. "
    your douche is a douche, douche.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive
    well i'd say its no more detailed than Dead Space (which this game borrows a lot from).  I would also say that even though its got plenty of detail, it doesn't even come close to a game like MGS4. Say what you will about texture resolutions and bullshit like that, MGS4 has the most detailed graphics I've ever seen.  check this shit out: 

MGS4 had so much detail, shit you would never think to look at closely is so tediously worked on. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.