The Party List (Spoilers)

#1 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Do not read this if you haven't gotten through the game yet!

Okay, so, after Batman takes down Harley he takes the "party list" from her. On the slip are a bunch of names and some of them have happy faces beside them. The only one I managed to read before it went out of view was Selina Kyle, which is Catwoman's real name (and there is a happy face beside her). However, it's pretty obvious she wasn't there. Was that just some sort of throwout to the Batman fans? Or did I miss something? And what other names were on the list (I assume that Bane, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Zsasz, and Scarecrow were all on the list, but was there anyone else?)?

#2 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

If your wondering if Catwoman was in the game... no, no she wasn't.  And they were either in the game or not in the game, who cares if they were on the "party" list.

#3 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" If your wondering if Catwoman was in the game... no, no she wasn't."
Alright. Thanks.

@SJSchmidt93 said:
"And they were either in the game or not in the game, who cares if they were on the "party" list. "
Her inclusion on the party list led me to believe that maybe she was somewhere to be found in the game (other than the glass case with her equipment, like Clayface), so I cared that she was on the list.
#4 Posted by Verge (47 posts) -

Nicely spotted, didn't notice that myself. As far as I know she's not hidden anywhere apart from as you said her gear in the glass case. I'd say its just a nicely little thing thrown in for batman fans.

#5 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Names I saw besides Selina:

• Harvey Dent = Two Face
  • Jarvis Tetch = Madhatter
  • Basil Karlo = Clayface
  • Waylon Jones = Killer Croc
  • Oswald Cobblepott = Penguin
  • Arnold Wesker = Ventriloquist
  • Luke Oliver = dunno who this is, probably contest winner
The people who's names were crossed off and had a sad face were the ones who didn't appear in the game. The ones with happy faces were the ones that were in the game. Luke Oliver was not crossed off and had a smiley next to his face so it probably was the contest winner.
#6 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
@suneku said:
" Names I saw besides Selina:
  • Harvey Dent = Two Face
  • Basil Karlo = Clayface
The people who's names were crossed off and had a sad face were the ones who didn't appear in the game. The ones with happy faces were the ones that were in the game. Luke Oliver was not crossed off and had a smiley next to his face so it probably was the contest winner. "
Very interesting, suneku! Thanks for that info. I didn't know there was even a contest, and I didn't know that there were sad faces either, but that clears things up significantly.
#7 Posted by HistoryInRust (6407 posts) -

Very nice eye.  

Goddamn Clayface, on that note, almost tricked me into busting him out. Good thing that wall is indestructible.

#8 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -
@TheFreeMan said:
" @suneku said:
" Names I saw besides Selina:
  • Harvey Dent = Two Face
  • Basil Karlo = Clayface
The people who's names were crossed off and had a sad face were the ones who didn't appear in the game. The ones with happy faces were the ones that were in the game. Luke Oliver was not crossed off and had a smiley next to his face so it probably was the contest winner. "
Very interesting, suneku! Thanks for that info. I didn't know there was even a contest, and I didn't know that there were sad faces either, but that clears things up significantly. "
Check this thread about the contest.
#9 Posted by NDNMAN (2 posts) -

Well Ladies and Gents this one has multipule explainations depending on what the game's producers want to do. As we know Waylon Jones (Killer Corc) and Basil Karlo (Clayface) are in the game at some point in time, therefore we know they are inside Arkham Asylum and I believe that is why their names are not scratched off. The other names on the list are either not in Arkham or can't "attend the party". Two-Face is (at the end of the game) said to be attacking Gotham and (after the credits) someone (I thought it was Killer Croc but some people think it was Bane) grabs a box labled Titan. I believe that the Joker has set up a second "party" inside Gotham and that's what the Joker really means by that the fun hadn't started yet. 

The scratched off names could be a clue to the Villans in the next game. Only time will tell but in my experience with video games and even with Harley and Joker, the list is in no way meaningless, even though it isn't apparent at first, it will be explained in time.
#10 Posted by CarpetRemnant (375 posts) -
@NDNMAN said:
" Well Ladies and Gents this one has multipule explainations depending on what the game's producers want to do. As we know Waylon Jones (Killer Corc) and Basil Karlo (Clayface) are in the game at some point in time, therefore we know they are inside Arkham Asylum and I believe that is why their names are not scratched off. The other names on the list are either not in Arkham or can't "attend the party". Two-Face is (at the end of the game) said to be attacking Gotham and (after the credits) someone (I thought it was Killer Croc but some people think it was Bane) grabs a box labled Titan. I believe that the Joker has set up a second "party" inside Gotham and that's what the Joker really means by that the fun hadn't started yet.  The scratched off names could be a clue to the Villans in the next game. Only time will tell but in my experience with video games and even with Harley and Joker, the list is in no way meaningless, even though it isn't apparent at first, it will be explained in time. "
The hand that grabs the box is random, it can be Bane, Killer Croc OR Scarecrow.
#11 Posted by NDNMAN (2 posts) -
@Leakster:
not quite because Scarecrow was eatten by Killer Croc. The only reason I believed it to be Killer Croc is because the arm appears to be covered in scales, but I understand why some people believed it to be bane as he was knocked into the bay by the Batmobile.
#12 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@NDNMAN said:

" @Leakster: not quite because Scarecrow was eatten by Killer Croc. The only reason I believed it to be Killer Croc is because the arm appears to be covered in scales, but I understand why some people believed it to be bane as he was knocked into the bay by the Batmobile. "

Yes...the thing is random, it can be one of the three people he listed that jumps out of the water. Either Bane will jump out, Croc will, or Scarecrow will, it's random.
#13 Posted by Pie (7115 posts) -
@NDNMAN said:
" @Leakster: not quite because Scarecrow was eatten by Killer Croc. The only reason I believed it to be Killer Croc is because the arm appears to be covered in scales, but I understand why some people believed it to be bane as he was knocked into the bay by the Batmobile. "
No, it really can be all the ones that Leakster mentioned. Play the through the game again and youll see (I have played through it twice and saw the scarecrow and bane).
#14 Posted by CarpetRemnant (375 posts) -
@NDNMAN said:
Scarecrow wasn't eaten by Killer Croc, he was just dragged into the water by him.
You didn't appear to actually read my post, thanks for that......
#15 Posted by Dimitrio (15 posts) -

Is there a way to set clayface free?
#16 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -
@Dimitrio said:
" Is there a way to set clayface free? "
no

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.