Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

This Is How You Do Collectibles

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Make them fun to get, have variety to the types of things you're collecting, and include a map for each area that will reveal the secrets if you can find the map first. Honestly, I'm having so much fun solving riddles and such that I don't intend to use any guides for 100%. On top of that you have the perfectly acceptable notion that the Riddler hid this shit around Arkham, not some random guy. Which is then enjoyable as you listen to the Riddler go from, "I purposefully left that in the open," to, "Do you have someone helping you?" 

I just really wanted to post this. Every game should take hints from Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I am thoroughly impressed. Glad I bought it, and glad Eidos made such an amazingly fun experience.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Vinchenzo said:
    Edios didn't make it, rocksteady did. All Edios did was publish it.  Other than that I agree with you... just starting it and I like the map they give you.
    Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Ouroboros

Haha whenever he said, "you're cheating" or "do you have someone helping you?!" i kept screaming, "IM USING YOUR MAP, IDIOT" haha but yeah, one of my favourite parts of the game.  This is sad, I'd pay for more riddle DLC :o

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Yeah I totally agree. I have like 40 left to get. Lot of fun finding them.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hitchenson

Godomnot, everyone is talking about this game and I have to wait until Friday to get it.

Exlutonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Exlutonian

You've just sold the game to me. Shall pick it up now.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jkz

Agreed, although the game has made me feel like an idiot far too many times with its puzzles, as I'm only sitting at around 18% or so and I'm a good deal through the game :(

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Good to hear that the secret system is fun to use.  I've seen people do smack talk to item collection, but it can be fun if done right.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Hitchenson said:
    " Godomnot, everyone is talking about this game and I have to wait until Friday to get it. "
    I must wait another 3 weeks...

No Caption Provided
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Vinchenzo said: Edios didn't make it, rocksteady did. All Edios did was publish it.  Other than that I agree with you... just starting it and I like the map they give you. "
    Well, it seems you understood what I meant. Sorry for my error. You just don't see the Eidos tag on any really good games. On top of that this game is simply addicting. It seamlessly leads you from one task to another and you just want to keep playing. I intended to have dessert last night but didn't get to... the game kept driving me.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson
    @FlamingHobo: 

How...  

...for you.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Hitchenson:
    /sadface
    /sadface
    CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13  Edited By CraigAA1028

Although it seems that if you don't get the collectibles in the basement of the medical facility when the story take you down there, you are cut off from them forever. If I'm wrong someone please tell me so I can get the last items.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By clubsandwich
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    " Godomnot, everyone is talking about this game and I have to wait until Friday to get it. "
    I must wait another 3 weeks...

No Caption Provided
    "
    I have to wait for Christmas. >_>
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By suneku

The riddles are great, I don't think I've had this much fun doing collectibles in... ever.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By nexas

I love the riddles, and being a fan of comics makes them even more fun. Because I'll see a riddle pop up and I'll be like "Hey! I know exactly who you are talking about!"

JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JukeboxJoe

game coming in the post tomorrow! day before release as well. for anyone in the uk, shopto.net is a great site for preorders. i got B:AA for 35 quid, free first class recorded delivery and delivered day before release.
    Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Soulglove

Towards the end of solving all the Riddles, the best line has to be: "How did you find that one? You're using the internet aren't you, you have to tell me if you are." I'm not going to spoil it, but solving all the riddles reveals a pretty funny audio sequence.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By zombie2011

I don't know if you would consider Agility Orbs in Crackdown to be collectables, but those are the only collectable type thing i went out of my way to get. 

Edit: And Halo Skulls seeing they actually effect the gameplay, and make grunts explode into confetti. 

trustymutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By trustymutsi

Are there some riddles you just can't solve until you have certain gadgets? For example, the "Mr. Zhahz is counting on you finding his work"?

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NickNorman
    @trustymutsi: Yeah, some areas you can't get to until you have certain gadgets, and I'm pretty sure some riddles have to wait until later.

I love the collectibles in this game. I actually want to go hunting for Riddler trophies, just to see what he'll say, and to go solving riddles, if only to unlock new bio pages and trophies.
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dexterslu

I totally agree, The Riddler's Challenges are fantastic. Like most have said previoulsy, I really haven't had this much fun collecting stuff since, Crackdown? 

The really great part about the Challenges is that they go towards your upgrade meter, which rocks. I've heard that you can do everything after the game, except the Joker's Teeth. 

anyone confirm or deny?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187

I absolutely agree with you on every point, Vinchenzo.  This game and Shadow Complex coming out within a week or two of each other shows exactly how collectibles in games should be done.  In a way, I feel like I'm fighting against The Riddler by doing all these riddles, as it's exactly how The Riddler would work!  It feels like a whole separate game within the game.  Kudos to Rocksteady for this. 

The only thing that frustrates me about this game is the Extreme challenges.  Man, those things can be BRUTAL!  Shock and Awe, man...Shock and Awe.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By suneku

Just finished all of the collectibles. Most fun I've ever had looking for stuff.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakob187
    @suneku said:
    " Just finished all of the collectibles. Most fun I've ever had looking for stuff. "
    Yeah, I only had to look up two things.  lol  One was in the Secure Transit of the Intensive Treatment (which apparently, a lot of people had trouble with), and the other was in the Botanical Gardens.  For some reason, I just never looked down in that air duct to find Ratcatcher's stuff.  lol
    nathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nathos
    @CraigAA: there's a grate near the elevator you can pull with the batclaw. The vent takes you into the elevator shaft down to the lower level of the medical facility. 

As far as I can tell, you can get all of the Riddler's collectibles *after* you've completed the story. (I just got all 240 tonight)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.