To anyone with Gameinformer

#1 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

Don't read their review. Why? Because towards the end of the review the idiot who reviewed the game gives his opinion on something that happens in the game that hopefully everyone rather not know. And it was a pretty big spoiler and I'm fucking pissed that now I know something huge about the game that I shouldn't have known about, especially from a damn review. The game is still going to be awesome but the experience is kind of ruined for me.

#2 Edited by retwakm (141 posts) -

im pretty sure gameinformer took eidos up on that bribe (if u dont know what im talkin about watch the invisible walls podcast from 2 weeks ago on gametrailers.com) I played the demo and really dont see whats so incredible. the graphics look great but the combat system is WAY to simple. you just keep on pressing X and batman flies around doing all kinds of crazy acrobatic stuff and all that. I also think the AI could use a little work. I can completely own someone and then when the enemies get 20 feet away from me they notice I am there and then start shooting then u just grapple up to a gargoyle and there 2 stupid to figure out where u went.

#3 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Game Informer is shit.

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Actually I did see that. They didn't mention anything specifically but it did give away a bit of info. It's Bioshock all over again: the shock and awe the game has will be nullified by how much I know coming in.

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@retwakm said:
" im pretty sure gameinformer took eidos up on that bribe (if u dont know what im talkin about watch the invisible walls podcast from 2 weeks ago on gametrailers.com) I played the demo and really dont see whats so incredible. the graphics look great but the combat system is WAY to simple. you just keep on pressing X and batman flies around doing all kinds of crazy acrobatic stuff and all that. I also think the AI could use a little work. I can completely own someone and then when the enemies get 20 feet away from me they notice I am there and then start shooting then u just grapple up to a gargoyle and there 2 stupid to figure out where u went. "
Fail.
#6 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @retwakm said:
" im pretty sure gameinformer took eidos up on that bribe (if u dont know what im talkin about watch the invisible walls podcast from 2 weeks ago on gametrailers.com) I played the demo and really dont see whats so incredible. the graphics look great but the combat system is WAY to simple. you just keep on pressing X and batman flies around doing all kinds of crazy acrobatic stuff and all that. I also think the AI could use a little work. I can completely own someone and then when the enemies get 20 feet away from me they notice I am there and then start shooting then u just grapple up to a gargoyle and there 2 stupid to figure out where u went. "
Fail. "
I kind of get his point, kind of. let's just say that the demo wasn't the best showcase for this very visually polished game. I just hope the game is a deep an experience as the marketing makes it out to be. Bullshit reviews and bribes aside, I'm still pretty skeptical.
#7 Posted by JamesF (1489 posts) -

They really didn't give that much away...

#8 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

I know what you're talking about, but at the same time I don't. I don't see what they gave away.

#9 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@retwakm: Too bad the game is fucking AMAZING
#10 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1330 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @retwakm said:
Fail. "
You think anyone with a different opinion then you fails. Grow up.
#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@SirPsychoSexy said:
" @CL60 said:
" @retwakm said:
Fail. "
You think anyone with a different opinion then you fails. Grow up. "
Or...clearly by what he is saying, he knows absolutely nothing about the game.
#12 Posted by Toxin066 (3302 posts) -

I can understand where retwakm is coming from, but anytime someone types "u" like that I tend to dismiss them.

#13 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I read the review when GI showed up...but I don't remember any spoilers? I think I'm in the clear.

#14 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

It just said that the final boss is a let-down. Not a spoiler at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.