Very odd problem on the PC.

#1 Posted by JTB123 (1044 posts) -

Hey all,

I recently got this on Steam when it was on sale, it ran fine for the first couple of weeks but now certain combat challenges have awful frame rates. I did a check and my average FR is 59, on certain challenges it's less than 10 :( I've tried altering the settings and it doesn't solve anything. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

#2 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -
@JTB123: Do you have PhysX turned on? If you do and you don't have a setup that can really handle it your game will get super bogged down. 

The reason why it would only happen on certain challenges is that some have these physics controlled flags (or something cloth based) hanging around, and those tax your system more than anything else.
#3 Posted by Regal (434 posts) -

Strange since all challenges are basically scenarios from the main game, perhaps with a few extra henchmen thrown in. I had no problem with the challenges. 

#4 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

Agree with Rockanomics, its probably physx, what are your specs/settings?

#5 Posted by Carestrike (64 posts) -

I'm gonna break away from the crowd here & say it's your PhysX. That screwed over Mirror's Edge for me so bad.

#6 Posted by JTB123 (1044 posts) -
@Rockanomics:  You were right :) Thanks, now I can play rumble in the jungle again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.