Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

When I beat the game, will I want to play through again?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

I'm probably getting this game this week, but my main concern is replay value. Will I want to keep playing after the story is finished, or will I put it away and just forget about it.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

Ehh, probably not. After you run around when the game is over and collect all the shit, you will be totally done with it.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ververdan0226

If you're worried, rent it. If you're not, buy it. Simple. Have fun!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @Coltonio7:@ververdan0226: 

How are the Challenge rooms? Are they fun?
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Coltonio7
    @natetodamax: I thought they were dumb, but I was never one for time trials.
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ververdan0226
    @natetodamax: Oh, I haven't played the game yet. Just offering my words of wisdom on a more general level. This is totally a what do you want for Christmas gift from a family member, I'm saving my money to get other games this fall. I want to play it, but I have priorities.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I am going though my second playthough looking for all the riddlier's trophies and stuff. It has more replay value that way at least. The first playthough was really trying to get though the game quickly as possible. The challenges are challenging, it takes alot of skill.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By natetodamax
    @HitmanAgent47: Is the game long? I won't beat it in a day, will I?
    Luberik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Luberik

in a day, I don't think so. it's about..8-12 hrs? depends on collecting stuff and so. But it's very enjoyable. Y should surely play it.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Baillie

I completed it on Hard in a day, and done all the trials the next day. I haven't wanted to go back, not until the dlc is out.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @natetodamax: I doubt it, the game will take you a few sessions of playing it, roughly 8-10 hours of gameplay if you play a few hours a day. However once you find all the riddlier trophies, puzzles and stuff it would take alot more hours.  Once you find everything though, which also unlocks all the challenges, you might not want to play it again. Then again you would probally have to finish all the challenges too. You could rent it, however I still think it's an AAA game on gamerankings, gameplay wise the game is really good and you will get alot of hours out of the game. I'm glad I bought it and I think it's worth it, either way just play it.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I'm probably going to replay it on hard, and grab the Riddler trophies/interview tapes that I missed the first time.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By raidingkvatch

I beat it, got all riddler stuff and did a couple of the challenge rooms, probably spent about 15 hours with the game. I liked the story, although it wasn't original, I thought it was well executed and fun, I'll probably go back and try it on hard in a couple of months

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Damian

I certainly didn't feel like replaying the story mode right away (still don't). But I figure going through on hard will be fun at some point. 
    The challenge rooms are fun. But you could ace those in a couple of sittings if your decent at it. 
    Overall I don't find it a very replayable game. But it's certainly worth going through once. So I guess I'd recommend either renting it or waiting for a price drop. I got it for $40, and I feel that is the right price for this product.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.