Which platform?

#1 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -

I realize the PS3 version has some Joker extras but the 360 version has achievements (PS3 trophies do not exist to me.). Having said that, I'm not one for finishing a game and going back to do a lot of extras. On the other hand, I'm not an achievement whore although I like to have the achievements more as a record of what I accomplished in playing. Should I choose one platform over the other?
#2 Edited by JJWeatherman (14573 posts) -

You should choose one platform over the other, that much is certain...

But really, I would go with th e 360. Personal preference though.

#3 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: That was poorly worded, wasn't it? My question should have been, "Why should I choose one platform over the other?"

Thanks for your input.
#4 Posted by NickNorman (435 posts) -

It really comes down to which console you enjoy more, and which one you have more friends on. The PS3 does have extra Joker challenge rooms, and some Home content, but beyond that, they're basically identical.

#5 Posted by spankingaddict (2740 posts) -

doesn't really matter, i play most multi-platform games on my ps3, but thats just me. doesn't matter

#6 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -

I always like to make sure there is not some crippling defect (e.g. Ghostbusters) in either version before I go all crazy and buy one. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

#7 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Does it really matter? Just get the one you want. Does it always have to be a moral dilemma?

This isn't particularly aimed at the OP but I'm sick of these threads popping up every few minutes.

#8 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I like the PS3 controller more, so that's my reason, but they're basically the same, what do you want more? Joker or acheivements ?

#9 Edited by raddevon (437 posts) -
@get2sammyb said:

" Does it really matter? "

That is exactly the question I'm asking in this thread. Does it really matter which I choose? I have no idea. This thread is much less for fanboy flamebait and much more practical. I want to know if there are major flaws in one of the other release. That's a reasonable question, right?
#10 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

I'd say which ever controller you prefer as you don't care about the Joker levels or the XBOX Achievements. For me when I buy a 360 console it will only be for the exclusives and my PS3 will still be my priority console unless a 360 copy of a game is much much much cheaper.

#11 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@raddevon: No I know, but you seem to have made up your mind already. Your preference on the site is XBOX 360, so I'm assuming you like playing games on the 360. If you play on 360 you'll miss out on the Joker content and the Home content. If you get the PS3 one you won't get achievements.

That's all there is to it.
#12 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

If you usually play a lot of games on your 360, play this game on your PS3. Yeah, I know it sounds weird but I did the same and I must say it is refreshing playing the game on another system. It still looks great and plays smoothly, and the Joker Challenge Maps are pretty sweet. They are nothing to regret purchasing the 360 version for but they are a good distraction. There are also high-def trailers and behind the scenes videos only with the PS3 version. I even think there is a PS Home "Batcave" but no one uses that. XD

#13 Posted by Anarchist4Eva (86 posts) -
@get2sammyb said:
" @raddevon: No I know, but you seem to have made up your mind already. Your preference on the site is XBOX 360, so I'm assuming you like playing games on the 360. If you play on 360 you'll miss out on the Joker content and the Home content. If you get the PS3 one you won't get achievements.  That's all there is to it. "
That about sums it up. Don't spend too much time debating which version to get. This game is special & shouldn't be missed by anyone.
#14 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -
@get2sammyb: So, how would I know that is all there is to it without asking people who have played the games? How would I know there isn't something else I am unaware of that deserves consideration? Obviously, I wouldn't hence this thread. Also, I prefer the 360 experience in general, but that doesn't mean by any stretch I would avoid a vastly superior PS3 release for some misplaced brand loyalty.

Why is every topic here on trial? Are forum users so compelled to go and post in every topic to inflate their post counts that they must post about how much they hate every topic they don't understand? Why can't people just skip on to the topics they actually want to talk about? I have spent a majority of my time here in the forums defending topics rather than actually discussing them.
#15 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" If you usually play a lot of games on your 360, play this game on your PS3. Yeah, I know it sounds weird but I did the same and I must say it is refreshing playing the game on another system. It still looks great and plays smoothly, and the Joker Challenge Maps are pretty sweet. They are nothing to regret purchasing the 360 version for but they are a good distraction. There are also high-def trailers and behind the scenes videos only with the PS3 version. I even think there is a PS Home "Batcave" but no one uses that. XD "
Thank you for a fantastic and substantive response!

This is what I was hoping for when I posted. Here is information which I did not have before posting this thread and would not have gotten without posting this thread. Thank you so much!
#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

this shoulda been a poll. i dunno what u should get.. 

PC here

#17 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I'm more interested in the "why" than the "which." Polls make people lazy. 

Speaking of "why," why PC?
#18 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -
I got it on 360.  Was tempted by Joker content, but achievement points rock all.  I couldn't be bothered about trophies.
#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@raddevon: because im a PC gamer :P my machine is pretty heavy and i dont own a console
#20 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Fair enough.
#21 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@raddevon said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
" If you usually play a lot of games on your 360, play this game on your PS3. Yeah, I know it sounds weird but I did the same and I must say it is refreshing playing the game on another system. It still looks great and plays smoothly, and the Joker Challenge Maps are pretty sweet. They are nothing to regret purchasing the 360 version for but they are a good distraction. There are also high-def trailers and behind the scenes videos only with the PS3 version. I even think there is a PS Home "Batcave" but no one uses that. XD "
Thank you for a fantastic and substantive response!  This is what I was hoping for when I posted. Here is information which I did not have before posting this thread and would not have gotten without posting this thread. Thank you so much! "
You're very welcome! :)
#22 Edited by zeox (89 posts) -

like Ahmad_Metallic I'm waiting for the PC version. The controls felt great in the demo and the extra physics stuff makes it worth waiting for (pluss, it's $10 less :D )

#23 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@raddevon: Sigh, that wasn't the case at all. I even stated I'm not getting at you personally. But there have been a lot of similar topics to this popping up, in fact I think I've seen it linked to Arkham Asylum in particular twice. I'm not having a go, but only you know which console you prefer, only you know which controller you prefer, only you know where you like to game best (perhaps your PS3 and 360 are in different rooms and one is more convenient), only you know whether you prefer trophies or achievements.

The only think to ask about was the additional content, which your initial post tells me you already knew about too.

I'm not getting on at you, it's just your post was the catalyst of me getting sick of seeing these threads. I'm sorry it came down to you, I'm sure you're a cool dude. But y'know. I still did answer your question.

@get2sammyb said:

" @raddevon: No I know, but you seem to have made up your mind already. Your preference on the site is XBOX 360, so I'm assuming you like playing games on the 360. If you play on 360 you'll miss out on the Joker content and the Home content. If you get the PS3 one you won't get achievements.  That's all there is to it. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.