Who's you're favorite villain in the game? (possible spoilers)

#1 Posted by JukeboxJoe (242 posts) -

I've not quite finished it yet (I've just got into the gardens, so try and keep spoilers out please) but at the minute, as amazing as the Joker is, I think Scarecrow is mine.  

The 2 Scarecrow sequences I've played so far have been absolutley amazing. I can't remember the last time a game drew me in so much, and the morgue scene's were the first to actually scare me in a game in a long time. When you exit the morgue, and enter the 2nd one with the 3 squirming bodybags, and all the voices screaming 'GET OUT!' suddenly stop and all you can hear are the bodybags shuffling my heart was in my mouth! And the section where the corridoor gradually turns into Crime Alley blew me away. 

So, who is your favorite villain and why?
#2 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I think that the design for Scarecrow in this game is pretty damn good...but I HATE the voice acting for him!!!  Seriously, he sounds like a woman!!! 

Personally, mine was Killer Croc...although they REALLY downplayed him and made his whole area generally weak in terms of the rest of the game.  =  /  I was hoping for a gigantic, epic battle.

#3 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

All of Scarecrow's parts were magnificent. I liked the little cameos more then the actual boss villains. Loved Scarface/Ventriloquist, Clayface, Ra's al Ghul, etc references/cameos. There's probably more I can't remember off the top of my head

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@suneku said:
" All of Scarecrow's parts were magnificent. I liked the little cameos more then the actual boss villains. Loved Scarface/Ventriloquist, Clayface, Ra's al Ghul, etc references/cameos. There's probably more I can't remember off the top of my head "
***SPOILERS***  I enjoyed Clayface's minor role in there as well, especially the little quip he throws out during the course of finishing out the Chronicles of Arkham.  Clayface has always been one of my favorites, along with Mr. Freeze.  Sadly, all I saw was Mr. Freeze's cell and not him.  =  (  Where was R'as Al Ghul, though?  Did I miss him?  Also...Scarface was in the game, but Wesker never showed up at all...so there was no Ventriloquist other than Joker at the end.
#5 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -
@jakob187: Ra's "corpse" is in dr. young's office. You need to check her office before you beat the game.... or else...

And I know Wesker wasn't in it, but there was a reference to him.
#6 Posted by lolwot (254 posts) -

So far, Scarecrow is my favorite, and there is a third section with the Scarecrow that is perhaps even better than the first two. Personally, I prefer the second, when Batman transforms into Young Bruce, but the last Scarecrow section is also great, and crazy.

#7 Posted by StarFry64 (170 posts) -

The sequences with Scarecrow were disturbing but so unique. I liked the Scarface cameo as well.

#8 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I heard Catwoman makes an appearance in a side mission. Is that correct?

#9 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

I would F the S out of Commissioner Gordon.

-- I mean, Harlequinn.

.... What?!

#10 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

The Scarecrow parts were the most intresting and unique IMO. But overall the game did a great job with all the villian (even the references to other inmates)

#11 Posted by IceColdGamer (604 posts) -

While Zsasz was only in a few parts of the game, he was my favorite overall. Due to the story arc involved in his audio taped interviews.

#12 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

I've got to go with Bane. He was just as much a victim in everything as Batman and was pissed as Hell at having been put into that situation. 

Speaking of which be sure to watch till all the way at the end of the credits.

#13 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Scarecrow's bits were definetly some of the best moments in the game, but I still think the Riddler was represented really well and he stood out as my favorite.

It's great to see him go from taunting you for only solving a few of his riddles to claiming that you are cheating via looking up answers on the internet.

That is probably one of the best quotes in the game, although admittedly Joker gets most of the good lines.

#14 Posted by JukeboxJoe (242 posts) -

Just done the third Scarecrow sequence (I''m about to chase him down the lift). Thought it was pretty cool, but I still the the morgue scene was my favorite. I love'd the 'You've taken enough toxin to drive 10 men insane! What are you?!'
#15 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" I heard Catwoman makes an appearance in a side mission. Is that correct? "
she's in one of the riddler's riddles, so i wouldn't say she's in the game....
#16 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@spankingaddict said:
" @AgentJ said:
she's in one of the riddler's riddles, so i wouldn't say she's in the game.... "
Does she show up at all? I really want to know what her redesign for the game would look like. 
#17 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" @spankingaddict said:
" @AgentJ said:
she's in one of the riddler's riddles, so i wouldn't say she's in the game.... "
Does she show up at all? I really want to know what her redesign for the game would look like.  "
i didnt beat it yet, but i doubt she shows up in arkham island....
#18 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@spankingaddict said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @spankingaddict said:
" @AgentJ said:
Does she show up at all? I really want to know what her redesign for the game would look like.  "
i didnt beat it yet, but i doubt she shows up in arkham island.... "
*teardrop*
#19 Posted by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

Scarecrow, or Joker.

#20 Edited by JoxxOr (53 posts) -

Scarecrow, by far.

I thought that the killer-croc fight was going to be so awesome,  but instead it was the worst section in the game which is a shame, as most of the fights in this game are awesome. 

#21 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I loved the Scarecrow, as everyone here said. I have yet to beat it but the encounters I have had with him so far have been very memorable. His design is also fantastic.

#22 Posted by JukeboxJoe (242 posts) -

Just finished the game! SPOILERS 

I'm unsure what to think about the last few battles. Thought Scarecrow had a fitting end, and while not brilliant I thought the Killer Croc section was a pretty cool and different way to do a boss encounter.  

While the Poison Ivy fight was cool, it was pretty easy, and with both her and the Joker I felt like they ran out of idea's and fell back on the traditional 'boss fight mechanics' i.e. watch their attacks, wait for the opening. I'd of much prefered something a bit different - the thing with Batman is getting to the villains is the trouble, but once Batman gets there he makes pretty short work of them. For example, with the Joker I think chasing him through the prison area while tearing through his henchmen, and the Joker laughing but then starting to panic as you continue to tear his men apart, then he finally hits a dead end and turns to fight you and one or two punches settle's it - he could have a lifebar fill up with loads of bars, and they just instantly drain (think Mysterio on Spiderman 2 - one of the most memorable bosses just because it was hilarious). I think it would have been more faithful to the comics and an interesting and different take on how to do a 'final boss'.
#23 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Scarecrow. I mean, the game crashed and you got murdered; just awesome. As far as Killer Croc, the automatic batarang controls showed how flawed they were, as I would throw ten of them at him and he would still kill me. The Joker section also sucked.

#24 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -
@JukeboxJoe:  I really enjoyed Clayfaces cameo because if  I was Batman I would have got jacked up. The first time I seen him I was like wtf Gordon what are you doing in that cell. I would have left him out and got jacked up. The next time I entered the room it was one of the guards then I was like "wait a minute", then I realized my error and that this guy was Clayface. I also really like the way they used the Riddler in the game even though you never get to see him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.