Y'no, I really LOVE Batman!

#1 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (529 posts) -

He's just awesome!! And this game rules! Just takin a guy's knees away with a batarang then diving in knees first aswell as the flying kick you can do from a sprint to finish a guy off, its just SICK how sweet this game is!!!  
I've hit 'restart checkpoint' more times than I can count for that last room now! What are your favourite ways of ending that room? 
Mine was makin th last guy terrified and he was walking slowly along a walkway whilst I sprinted behind him, he just turned around as I was right next to him but his fear made him scream instead of firing and I jumped into a slow motion flying kick to LEVEL him!  
Batman then stood adjusting his gloves whilst Joker laughed at how easily I'd schooled them!!!

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

You're right, i loved batman from when i was a kid from the cartoons and 90s movies. it saddens me that the new Batman image got so fucked up in the last 2 movies and everyone is inlove with it... not his car, not his voice, just a new advanced and very fucking stiff version of him. 

Im glad the new game didnt copy the new movies with the voice and action. good old batman <3
#3 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

I forgot about the demo. Must get it now.

#4 Posted by Cloneslayer (1628 posts) -

who else thought it was awesome that a character like Oracle was in it. Thank God for putting in some decent fan service. I hope Nightwing shows up.!

#5 Edited by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" You're right, i loved batman from when i was a kid from the cartoons and 90s movies. it saddens me that the new Batman image got so fucked up in the last 2 movies and everyone is inlove with it... not his car, not his voice, just a new advanced and very fucking stiff version of him.  Im glad the new game didnt copy the new movies with the voice and action. good old batman <3 "

Im sorry but Batman has been dark for a long time now. The only remnant of campy fun batman is the cartoons and even those are a little more serious now.
#6 Posted by ConciseCabbage (27 posts) -

Batman is a hack

#7 Posted by Brockly46 (645 posts) -
@ShalashaskaUK666: look into some graphic novels like "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller, you'll get a kick out of them
#8 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -
@ShalashaskaUK666:  
Read the comics. Heres a list of some you want to read.  
  • Batman: The Killing Joke.
  • Batman: Year One.  
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on Serious Earth.  Which also inspired the game, Though the game is not based on that particular story. 
  • Batman: The long Halloween.
  • Batman: The Man Who Laughs.
  • Joker. Though not a Batman comic it's still a very good one.

The reason Batman is the greatest comic book super hero of all times is that technically he's not a super hero at all. He has no super powers what so ever. But his level of discipline is so high and strong it actually is, imo at least, borderline psychotic. 
#9 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -

I just got through playing the demo for the first time and came away very impressed.The graphics are very good.The combination of action and stealth also seems to work together very well.This game hadn't even crossed my mind before playing the demo but now that I've played it I'm definately getting it.As for the last room,I snuck the first few guys and then grappled up to the statues and waited for the guys to get away from each other and glide kicked them and finished them off with the "Y+RT" move.The demo gave a very good first impression.

#10 Posted by Milkman (16791 posts) -

I've got to agree. The demo was ridiculously fun. I was a little skeptical going in but now I have really high hopes with this game.

#11 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

i do too
#12 Posted by Osmiles (196 posts) -

I found the demo extremely lackluster in the game play department, but I love the fact that Oracle is in the game and how it feels like a sort of Batman TAS: the game

#13 Posted by Hassebla (28 posts) -

The takedown through the glass is so awesome to finish with. And cutting people down who have been 'Inverted takedowned' with your batarang. It scares the shit outta people.

#14 Posted by Kindredwarr (12 posts) -
@Hassebla:  woh woh woh.. takedown through glass? please elaborate! I've never done that one. I did cut down some one with a batarang though, fun stuff :) 

And I really need to get me some more Graphic Novels.  

I've heard Batman Arkham Asylum  Living Hell and The Last Arkham are good too, but seem to be OOP
#15 Posted by Hassebla (28 posts) -
@Kindredwarr said:
" @Hassebla:  woh woh woh.. takedown through glass? please elaborate! I've never done that one. I did cut down some one with a batarang though, fun stuff :)   And I really need to get me some more Graphic Novels.    I've heard Batman Arkham Asylum  Living Hell and The Last Arkham are good too, but seem to be OOP "
You know that room in the middle of the last room? With the grates at the floor? Well if you glide from a gargoyle to the glass on the ceiling or so to speak ( kinda hard to explain but obvious if you play the demo) and wait for someone to walk underneath the glass, you can do a takedown. Basically Batman jumps through the glass, crashing it and lands on someone. Killing him. It looks really awesome.
#16 Posted by Kindredwarr (12 posts) -
@Hassebla:  Okay that sounds totally bad ass, I'll have to give this a try.  Thanks

I always stayed away from the top of the middle room thinking they would look up and find Bats. Ever try out a take down from the grates in that middle room? Tried it once, but the guy kinda just lingers in the corner and never seemed to come back for me to grab him or anything.
#17 Posted by Hassebla (28 posts) -
@Kindredwarr said:
" @Hassebla:  Okay that sounds totally bad ass, I'll have to give this a try.  Thanks I always stayed away from the top of the middle room thinking they would look up and find Bats. Ever try out a take down from the grates in that middle room? Tried it once, but the guy kinda just lingers in the corner and never seemed to come back for me to grab him or anything. "
I've tried it and from my understanding it doesn't work :(  You have to jump up and do a silent takedown... Don't understand why they didn't implement a takedown from there. Would be so awesome to just drag someone down.
#18 Posted by Hassebla (28 posts) -

@ Kindredwarr 

Oh and there's a stealthy way to get into that room. Once you enter the room, ignore the guy who is searching through the guards and go to the left. You will probably see an open vent if you look around a bit.

#19 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

yes me too bro, I feel so happy there will be a decent batman game. :D reminds me of 2 batman games I owned for the SNES. :D

#20 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@Mordukai: You forgot Batman: Dark Victory, since it's a continuation of The Long Halloween.
#21 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -
@jakob187: Indeed I did. Thanks for the correction. 
#22 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (529 posts) -

Yeh I've got th Frank Miller 'Dark Knight Returns' book, just working my way through it now!

#23 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Never got into Batman. Always seemed like a bit of a pussy to me and the whole grim attempt at pseudo-realism in his modern incarnations seems so forced.

#24 Edited by EG_the_beast (5 posts) -
@ShalashaskaUK666:
ya the game is awesome. playing it just went by to fast though :(..... i just found this site today because i was trying to find out the seventh move to get the free flow perfection achievment. i just got the predator gold achievment. that one was a bitch to get because of silent knight on extreme.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.