Your Opinions on the Armored Suit

#1 Edited by mark2000 (111 posts) -

Just share your thoughts about the suit.

As for mine:

It's a shame that you can't use it in story mode since the original suit doesn't really contribute anything significant to the story. On the other hand though, I found myself switching back to the original suit after the dozens of rounds I did using the armor. I really liked the armor at first but my fondness of it wore out pretty quickly. For something that's designed to look as practical and functional as possible, it just looked too flashy in my eyes like every ounce of subtlety was sucked out if it. 

EDIT: I think I made a grammatical error in the title. Is there a way to edit it?

#2 Edited by Delta_Ass (3276 posts) -

Should do fine against cats.

Seriously though, I think it looks really bulky and unappealing. The dev team apparently wanted to meld the Batsuit with uh... RoboCop, and that's pretty much what you end up with. Not a look I'm happy with.

Not seeing a grammatical error in your title there. Looks fine to me.

#3 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I like it, there are some parts on that armor that's similar to the on in TDK. I remember hearing there was a pre-order bonus that gives you a code to use this armor in story mode. I would've liked using it in story since I played through it a bunch of times, but oh well.

#4 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

There is a grammatical error-if you come from the UK. Then its 'armoured' suit. Although that isn't a big problem at all.
 I like the armoured suit as well. Just putting it out there.

#5 Edited by Delta_Ass (3276 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:

" There is a grammatical error-if you come from the UK. Then its 'armoured' suit. Although that isn't a big problem at all.  I like the armoured suit as well. Just putting it out there. "

That has nothing to do with grammar. You're talking about spelling. 

Grammar and spelling aren't exactly the same.
#6 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@Delta_Ass said:
" @dbz1995 said:

" There is a grammatical error-if you come from the UK. Then its 'armoured' suit. Although that isn't a big problem at all.  I like the armoured suit as well. Just putting it out there. "

That has nothing to do with grammar. You're talking about spelling.   Grammar and spelling aren't exactly the same. "
Oh yeah...Damn you.
#7 Posted by AngeTheDude (665 posts) -

There should have been a bunch of unlockable costumes in general.

#8 Posted by HistoryInRust (6292 posts) -
@AngeTheDude:
I agree with that, but there is the free downloadable content coming soon. Still holding out hope on my end, here.  

Re: Armored Costume 

I like using it, if only because it looks similar to the film costume. Because that costume is just tits.
#9 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

looks sweet

http://i28.tinypic.com/55rqdx.jpg

#10 Posted by Meptron (1077 posts) -
@AngeTheDude said:
" There should have been a bunch of unlockable costumes in general. "
This. Actually, since you upgrade your armor during the game when you level up, they should have just made it so that your costume's appearance changed slightly when you get those upgrades. Alternatively, they could have special costumes you could get for completing certain riddler puzzles, such as retro bat-suits? with bat-nipples?
#11 Posted by William (441 posts) -

Wait.. The armored suit is only for looks?

#12 Posted by AngeTheDude (665 posts) -

@William: Yup. It doesn't actually do anything.

#13 Posted by HistoryInRust (6292 posts) -
@William:  Yeah, only for appearance's sake. But its appearance is awesome.  

@Meptron said:
with bat-nipples?
Shut up.  

#14 Posted by mark2000 (111 posts) -
@Meptron said:
This. Actually, since you upgrade your armor during the game when you level up, they should have just made it so that your costume's appearance changed slightly when you get those upgrades.
I was expecting something like that too.
#15 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

It looks like the original suit with a few "armour lines" and some gloss, I've been using it exclusively in challenges since I got it.
#16 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@clubsandwich said:
" looks sweet   http://i28.tinypic.com/55rqdx.jpg "
Original Batman costume is fucking boss.
#17 Posted by yevinorion (697 posts) -

Yeah I don't mind the Armoured Suit too much, not my fave Batman costume, but it's not a bad one for just being an unlockable challenges-only suit. I really hope they do more suits as free DLC.

#18 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I'm actually just a little disappointed that there aren't multiple bat-suits to unlock and eventually choose from in both Story and Challenge modes.  I woulda liked to see things similar to the blue, all black, armored, etc., not unlike the original Spiderman game on the PS1.  A missed opportunity, I think. 
As for the look of the armored bat-suit in the game, I think it looks alright.  I use it in brawling challenges mainly because, with my need to rationalize everything, I assume Bats would want as much armor as possible when going up against multiple waves of enemies.
#19 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @AngeTheDude: I agree with that, but there is the free downloadable content coming soon. Still holding out hope on my end, here.  
Your hoping that theyll release a costume as DLC?
#20 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Yes, I was dissapointed that there weren't options of unlockable costumes after you beat the game or something. It would have really increased the overall appeal of the package for me.
#21 Posted by FoxMulder (1671 posts) -
@AngeTheDude said:
"  @William: Yup. It doesn't actually do anything. "
You sure about that?  I think it takes alot more bullet damage than the regular suit does.  But maybe I haven't gotten shot enough times in challenge  rooms to tell the difference.
#22 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I like it much more than the normal suit, for two main reasons-there's no face at the base of Batman's neck staring into my soul, and I'm not a fan of the trunks-outside-the-tights thing. The armor just looks more suited for brawling to me. I would love to use it in the story.

#23 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

It would be nice to be able to use it in a NG+ type situation, but that's about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.