Additional costumes confirmed as DLC

#1 Edited by Ceno (111 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-05-batman-pre-order-skins-will-release-as-dlc

Rocksteady confirmed that all the preorder costumes are early access and they will be available as DLC down the line. So nobody go pay $120 on eBay or something nonsensical like that.

#2 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

As long as it's not something ridiculously expensive, I'm sold.

#3 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

If the TAS costume changed all heroes and villains into their TAS equivalent, I would buy that.

#4 Edited by Zacagawea (1582 posts) -

Sounds like great news to me

#5 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I couldn't possibly see myself or anyone paying anything like that for alternate costumes, but then again I said that about Mortal Kobmat. lol

I bet you, still someone will drop a lot of cash for the early access regardless.

#6 Posted by Galiant (2179 posts) -

I wish they were unlocks instead.

#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

If it's all of them for like $5, then I'll probably do it. That TAS and Dark Knight Returns one's are awesome.

#8 Posted by desolation15 (113 posts) -

So much for my plan of selling pre-order codes on ebay to cover the cost of the game :-D

I'm glad they're doing this, pre-order bonuses are bullshit and should be nothing more than early release freebies.

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

Cool. Wonder if they're including TDKR in that considering it's part of the CE and not a preorder bonus.

#10 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

thats fine as long as they bring out more single player DLC later on down the line, the challenge rooms for Arkham asylum where a decent distraction but i felt at the time that the fact that the whole game was based in the asylum made an expansion type DLC rather difficult to fit in and im hoping Arkham city will remedy this and be able to add side stories and additional content into the main game.

#11 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

WOW

That Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond suits are fantastic.

Where do I go for those?

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

WOW That Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond suits are fantastic. Where do I go for those?

The Dark Knight Returns skin is exclusive to the Collector's Edition of the game. Not sure where the Beyond skin is from.

#13 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@Doctorchimp said:

WOW That Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond suits are fantastic. Where do I go for those?

The Dark Knight Returns skin is exclusive to the Collector's Edition of the game. Not sure where the Beyond skin is from.

The articlesays it's from UK Gamestop.

Whatever, collector's edition it is. Guess that means I'm playing it on the PS3 or 360...not like I was too keen on putting Games for Windows Live on my machine anyway.
#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11851 posts) -

Fucking dope. I'll totally buy two or three.

This is how all preorder bonuses should be treated.

#15 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

Uhh... is one of those an obese Batman?

#16 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

I love me some horse armor.

#17 Edited by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -
@dudeglove said:

I assume you mean the Dark Knight Returns one.  That's not fat, that's muscle! 

I hope they do the same thing for Catwoman so I can mix and match accordingly.  
#18 Edited by Stealthmaster86 (631 posts) -

Awesome. TAS is Definitely a buy for me. But I would like to get all of them. 

The one thing I do want to know and NEED to know now is that; can this be played or Single Player mode or only for the Challenges?

#19 Posted by blackblade500 (160 posts) -

That Batman Beyond costume is awesome, I wonder if they ever thought of making a Beyond game?

#20 Posted by UnbreakableVow (45 posts) -

I love all the costumes and will be purchasing them all, with the exception of the Batman Beyond costume

Bruce Wayne is just a bit too bulky for it and it doesn't look quite right. Still, it's the thought that counts! Nice job, Rocksteady.

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -
@dudeglove

Dude, that Batman is arguably one of the most badass versions of Batman ever.
#22 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@xhavoc86 said:

I couldn't possibly see myself or anyone paying anything like that for alternate costumes, but then again I said that about Mortal Kobmat. lol I bet you, still someone will drop a lot of cash for the early access regardless.

I honestly never even considered that this time. Think I'll pick up a second copy from Gamestop so I can sell the Beyond costume.

#23 Posted by StrainedEyes (1321 posts) -

I'm kind of surprised there are no Burton/Nolan costumes.

#24 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I don't think I'll be buying any of them, but this is kinda cool and it's nice to see they're not keeping this stuff pre-order only. Like PenguinDust said it'd also be good to see them put out some alternate Catwoman costumes. Also the Dark Knight Returns Batman totally looks like fat Batman.

#25 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

That is good news. Thanks dude

#26 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

@UnbreakableVow: Well he actually DID wear the costume in the first epsiode of Batman Beyond....although it did look a bit odd on him.

#27 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

240 msp .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.