Arkham City got pushed further for PC ...

#1 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1781 posts) -

just a heads up: The game got pushed to Nov. 25th for the PC. More time to play Skyrim and BF3 I guess.

#2 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Did they give any reason why?

#3 Edited by falling_fast (2285 posts) -

they probably decided the game wasn't running poorly enough on pc, so they needed the extra time to add in more bloatware. this way they can act offended and claim that pc gamers aren't a significant portion of their customers anyway when people complain about how shitty the port is, and probably not release their next game on pc at all.

it worked for rockstar, you know?

#4 Posted by iAmJohn (6135 posts) -

@damnable_fiend said:

they probably decided the game wasn't running poorly enough on pc, so they needed the extra time to add in more bloatware. this way they can act offended and claim that pc gamers aren't a significant portion of their customers anyway when people complain about how shitty the port is, and probably not release their next game on pc at all.

They came crawling back, though.

They always do.

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6724 posts) -

*headdesk*

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Son of a bitch.

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Well...That's not good.

#8 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1781 posts) -

@damnable_fiend said:

Hmm, actually the first Batman was a pretty good port.

@Prodstep said:

Did they give any reason why?

None I heard of ... probably marketing reasons to push more people in getting the console version and/or getting out of the way of Skyrim.

#9 Posted by Diablochicken14 (115 posts) -

Damn it.

#10 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I really don't understand why they care, just put out the PC version, chances are it's going to be fucked up anyway.

#11 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

OH MY GOD MY LIFE IS RUINED 

HOW CAN THE DEVELOPERS DO THIS TO US

#12 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@Prodstep said:

I really don't understand why they care, just put out the PC version, chances are it's going to be fucked up anyway.

Unlikely. The first one was a near perfect port. Can't see why that would change here.

#13 Posted by ds8k (414 posts) -

Steam says 22nd.

#14 Posted by MackGyver (603 posts) -

Probably because they want to squeeze as much cash as they can from the console versions before they put it out on PC and take a hit from piracy.

#15 Posted by Aas (604 posts) -

I just bought a graphics card that comes with a copy of Arkham City for the PC; what the fuck?

#16 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

As much as it sucks for some, it's fine for me. More time for Skyrim.

#17 Posted by iAmJohn (6135 posts) -

@MackGyver said:

Probably because they want to squeeze as much cash as they can from the console versions before they put it out on PC and take a hit from piracy.

Yeah, because it's not like there's rampant piracy on the Xbox 360, right? Try harder.

#18 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I wonder if they'll just push it back to next year. A 2011 release date means I won't be playing it at all because of Skyrim.

#19 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Meh. It had better look excellent, I've waited long enough.

#20 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I BLAME MICROSOFT!

#21 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

I'll still be playing Skyward Sword at that point. Maybe I'll pick it up late December or just wait til next year.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I wish Batman and Assassin's Creed and Saints Row 3 would all be pushed to next year. Too many games and I don't have any more money.

#23 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@damnable_fiend said:

They came crawling back, though.

They always do.

gotta remember that when Warner decides to launch their own digital distribution platform because people seem to forget how EA treated PC gamers.

#24 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

Guess I'll be playing Jurassic Park

#25 Posted by countinhallways (630 posts) -
@scarace360 said:

I BLAME MICROSOFT!

No, no this is clearly down to the dastardly machinations of Origin!
#26 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

@Aas said:

I just bought a graphics card that comes with a copy of Arkham City for the PC; what the fuck?

are you sure it comes in the box and is not just a download voucher?

#27 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I wish Batman and Assassin's Creed and Saints Row 3 would all be pushed to next year. Too many games and I don't have any more money.

This is not the way you should look at it. A better way would be to think that next year, by the time you are ready for these games, they will most likely be on sale.

#28 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@countinhallways said:

@scarace360 said:

I BLAME MICROSOFT!

No, no this is clearly down to the dastardly machinations of Origin!

But seriously its on GFWL which is already shit and now it gets pushed back. Fuck this.

#29 Posted by JoeyRavn (4984 posts) -

Rocksteady and Warner Bros. can suck my balls. I'm fucking tired of the way they are treating us PC players. And they still refuse to give a reason for all this nonesense.

Fuck them.

#30 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
#31 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Hopefully it will be as good as a port as the first one was.

#32 Posted by Mercy_ (255 posts) -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#33 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Lame

but hey i bet it has nothing to do with GFWL

#34 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

@courtney12490 said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#35 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

They're adding in a new chapter exclusive to the PC version.

#36 Posted by TwoLines (2843 posts) -

Welp, that's a HUGE bummer. What the hell are they thinking?

Or rather, AARRGHLAGHBLAAARGH!

#37 Edited by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@MackGyver said:

yup yup, more time for battlefield 3 thou.. good for me.

At this point I think I'm cancelling that pre-order I'm gonna wait for it to be cheap.

#38 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -

I blame Bradley Shoemocker.

#39 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Probably would be sooner if it wasn't using Shit for Windows Live.

#40 Posted by Aas (604 posts) -

@alternate said:

@Aas said:

are you sure it comes in the box and is not just a download voucher?

Ah, maybe that's how they're doing it these days. That would explain things nicely.

#41 Posted by MackGyver (603 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@MackGyver said:

Yeah, because it's not like there's rampant piracy on the Xbox 360, right? Try harder.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that it's easier to pirate on a PC then on a Xbox 360 or any console.

#42 Posted by ds8k (414 posts) -

@alternate: It's only a voucher, most likely for Steam.

#43 Posted by bybeach (5006 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@Prodstep said:

Unlikely. The first one was a near perfect port. Can't see why that would change here.

Agreed. It is for that reason I'm waiting it out.

#44 Posted by Airickson (120 posts) -

@Aas said:

I'm in the same boat with a card for a code for the game just sitting at my PC mocking me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.